• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 11:23:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 771
Total: 771

Today we honor the veterans who have fought for our country's freedom and peace.

Started by BallAquatics, November 11, 2016, 04:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Mugwump

A big Thank you to all our Veterans.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Armistice Day is commemorated every year on November 11 to mark the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany at Compi?gne, France, for the cessation of hostilities on the Western Front of World War I, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning?the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918. The date was declared a national holiday in many allied nations, and coincides with Remembrance Day and Veterans Day.
Jon

Ron Sower

I'd like to thank all you vets here that have served to help keep our country free and safe. I salute you! |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

ANTHEM, Ariz. - At exactly 11:11 a.m. on 11/11 the sun shines perfectly through the ellipses of the five Armed Services pillars at the Anthem Veterans Memorial in Arizona.

This pillar of pride provides a place of honor and reflection for veterans, their family and friends, and those who desire to show their respects to the service men and women who have, and continue to, courageously serve our country.

Each year, the event brings out hundreds of people from all over the state.

In order to catch a glimpse of the phenomenon up close, you must get there early.

Anthem's Veteran's Memorial can be found just off I-17 and Anthem Way. Exit east, and the park can be found at the intersection of Anthem Way and Gavilan Peak Parkway.

Be sure to thank all of the attendees who have served our country!

Jon

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 11, 2016, 01:19:51 PM
That's cool isn't it?  I saw that on FB the other day...

Dennis

It sent shivers through my body......I love my country, and have the highest regard for my fellow veterans.
Jon