• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 08:35:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 565
Total: 565

Friday's follies...pt.(?)(?)

Started by Mugwump, September 15, 2017, 05:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..hot and muggy all day today....a couple errands and some putz'n but finally kick'n back and cooling off....we might see rain by the coming mid week ?..who knows huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...started installing the electricity in Lucy's craft shack today...Ron came over and started with a cup of coffee...and I only had to make one trip to the local hardware store today...once we got the conduit and boxes in place...Ron left and I started pulling the wires through...I couldn't get the fishline wire through one sweep curve >:(....after about 30 minutes I gave up and came in to get showered for dinner....tomorrow maybe I can get it through and pull the rest of the wire...!

...unless, that is, Miss Lucy decides she wants me to help her paint the kitchen and bathroom in the rental we just bought...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 15, 2017, 09:56:02 PM
...started installing the electricity in Lucy's craft shack today...Ron came over and started with a cup of coffee...and I only had to make one trip to the local hardware store today...once we got the conduit and boxes in place...Ron left and I started pulling the wires through...I couldn't get the fishline wire through one sweep curve >:(....after about 30 minutes I gave up and came in to get showered for dinner....tomorrow maybe I can get it through and pull the rest of the wire...!

...unless, that is, Miss Lucy decides she wants me to help her paint the kitchen and bathroom in the rental we just bought...!

..do you grease the wires a bit....?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 16, 2017, 06:14:15 AM

Didn't think of that.....Also didn't think of running the wires through as we glued the pieces together... huh

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 17, 2017, 01:11:12 AM

Didn't think of that.....Also didn't think of running the wires through as we glued the pieces together... huh

Types of Cable Lube

Spray-type cable lubricant: Spray lubricant is an innovative approach to cable lubrication.

The lubricant is concentrated, so all that is needed is a thin film for immediate tension reduction. Spray the cable to coat jacket or inject it directly into the conduit.

Wire-pulling gel: Wire-pulling lubricant gel makes pulling jobs smoother and safer, saving time and money. The thick formula applies faster without messy runs or drips, minimizing preparation time. A low coefficient of friction means less wire damage and equipment wear for improved safety. The colorless formula does not stain wire and cable jackets. Compatibility with most wire and cable jackets allows for varied applications.

Wire-pulling compound: Wire-pulling compound, often called cable lube, is designed to make it easier to pull electrical wires through conduit runs. It reduces the coefficient of friction between wires and conduits, reducing the chances of damaging the wire jackets.
What Is Wire-Pulling Compound Made Of?

Wire pulling compound, or cable lube, is available from many manufacturers. It is made out of a polymer and is electrically neutral, making it safe for electrical work. These substances often dry colorless and create a slick coating around the wires, easing pulling them through conduit by reducing friction.
How To Use Wire-Pulling Compound

Wire pulling compound is added to the wires as they are being pulled into the conduit. The person feeding the wires makes sure they go straight into the conduit, using one hand to lube the wires as well. Spray-type lubricant can be sprayed onto the wires directly as it is being fed, leaving your hands free of the slippery substance.
How Much Lube Should Be Used?

Lubricate the head of the pull very liberally, and generously add more lube every few feet when starting the pull. From there,  you can add some every five feet, less towards the end of the pull.
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 17, 2017, 07:27:40 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 17, 2017, 01:11:12 AM

Types of Cable Lube

Spray-type cable lubricant: Spray lubricant is an innovative approach to cable lubrication.

The lubricant is concentrated, so all that is needed is a thin film for immediate tension reduction. Spray the cable to coat jacket or inject it directly into the conduit.

Wire-pulling gel: Wire-pulling lubricant gel makes pulling jobs smoother and safer, saving time and money. The thick formula applies faster without messy runs or drips, minimizing preparation time. A low coefficient of friction means less wire damage and equipment wear for improved safety. The colorless formula does not stain wire and cable jackets. Compatibility with most wire and cable jackets allows for varied applications.

Wire-pulling compound: Wire-pulling compound, often called cable lube, is designed to make it easier to pull electrical wires through conduit runs. It reduces the coefficient of friction between wires and conduits, reducing the chances of damaging the wire jackets.
What Is Wire-Pulling Compound Made Of?

Wire pulling compound, or cable lube, is available from many manufacturers. It is made out of a polymer and is electrically neutral, making it safe for electrical work. These substances often dry colorless and create a slick coating around the wires, easing pulling them through conduit by reducing friction.
How To Use Wire-Pulling Compound

Wire pulling compound is added to the wires as they are being pulled into the conduit. The person feeding the wires makes sure they go straight into the conduit, using one hand to lube the wires as well. Spray-type lubricant can be sprayed onto the wires directly as it is being fed, leaving your hands free of the slippery substance.
How Much Lube Should Be Used?

Lubricate the head of the pull very liberally, and generously add more lube every few feet when starting the pull. From there,  you can add some every five feet, less towards the end of the pull.
...Thanks, Mugs...I'll shoot some lithium grease on the end of the wire and see if that helps...but it'll be toorrow...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron