• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:35:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 772
Total: 772

Happy Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, August 31, 2021, 08:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. Liz I hope that Ida has left your area and that you are ok.

It is a mix of sun and clouds here with the temp currently at 75 degrees. The high temp is expected get up to 83F with maybe some popup showers later this evening.

I started coughing yesterday and felt pretty lousy most of the day but my temp was normal. I did get a Covid test (negative) on my return from New York so I suspect it may be due to my allergies. I'm still coughing today though. huh

Water changes on the agenda today but not much else.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning Willie, and the others later.  Today I have a couple of boxes to send out, including your snots, Willie.  I'll pay some bills first and drop them off at the PO.  Then a quick trip to the supermarket.

The hurricane is gone, just some breezes and overcast left.  In fact, except for yesterday morning we got little rain.  My yard is not even a swamp.  My heart breaks for the poor people on the cost many without power for perhaps weeks, some without running water.

Tomorrow it's the pain doctor where I will hand over $250. for him to basically do nothing to help me in order to satisfy Medicare.  Two weeks later he'll burn my nerves so that hopefully will do me some good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Glad to hear that you are safe Liz. I am only going to therapy to satisfy Medicare for my shot. huh Since I have all of the exercises embedded in my memory and I have the TENS unit I will only be going to therapy another three times.

If I have to do therapy some more after my injection it will be somewhere else. I like the people at therapy place but they need a major upgrade to the facility.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

I'm happy you're safe Liz...no swamp yard is a good thing...back in my first marriage, we owned a house that had a swale in the back yard and it would collect I water during heavy drawn out rains. Several times I got the canoe down and took the kids for a float!!! 8) ..true story...!

Temp today is supposed to hit 94 and Weather channel shows it's 89 and our outdoor thermometer shows 89 currently...! huh  Either way, it's going to be under 100 today...humidity is a little high at 31% right now...

We are getting the opportunity to pay back Stan & Bard for taking care of my aquariums...they left yesterday for a trip to Seattle and we have their shitzu, Sofie , and their Persian, Maggie, with us...both settled in nicely with us last night...we also go over and their fish...

When I got the 75g Sunday I got a bunch of nice Crytocoryne wendtii...I need to get them planted today...
Also a nice pair blue of plakat bettas...I separated them last night and have started acclimating them...they were in water with a TDS of 1450...the tank I will put the male I is 450...I actually would like to lower that one to about 150, but I'll get hi init first...not sure where the female is going yet...anyway she is plump so I think she could be ready to spawn soon...I've never tried my hand at spawning bettas...

Sounds like Willie and Liz are on the same track...I had those nerve ablations several times...they lasted for awhile...I hope you guys have success with them...

Well I slept late this morning...woke up at 10...once I got to sleep a little after 1 this morning I slept all the way til then...no pain until I got up!!!

You folks have a wonderful day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I got all my stuff done except when I went to the supermarket they had NOTHING LEFT.  I didn't mind putting off the next recipe I was going to make but I was in desperate need of half and half for my coffee.  I kind of freaked then and got afraid that the feed store had nothing as well.  But I was able to get my 4 bags of senior horse feed which made me feel like all was right with the world.  The only thing that they were slam out of was Ivermectin.  The sales girl told me she had to talk a guy out of the pour on Ivermectin for cattle on himself.  She had to work hard to convince him that it might kill him.  All she and I could do was shake our heads about so many people who prefer to try quack cures to taking a vaccine and masking up.

I visited Jack and Judy on my way down the road to my house.  Judy told me that the dollar store had plenty of half and half so I drove back up the road that I had driven home on and sure 'nuff they had it as well as other things I was in need of.

All I have left to do is let my fish customers know their tracking numbers which I will do this very moment.

LizStreithorst

Tracking numbers sent.

I forgot to mention that my pain meds are late due to the hurricane.  I have enough gabapentin and meloxicam to get by.  I'll run out of tramadol.  Oh well, I've been without meds before.  I can handle it.  I'm a tough old broad.

Ron, as far as I can tell Willie and I are in the same boat.  They can make the pain less but they can't fix us with like they for you did with your knee.  My next step will to see the neurosurgeon.  He will also help but not fix me.  It is what it is.