• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 03:12:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 798
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 769
Total: 770

Hot sunny Sunday

Started by Barb, August 29, 2021, 03:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi folks, just 105 here today.  But nothing at all compared to what Liz is getting.  Stay safe Liz and don't blow away.  Let us hear from you when you can.  I spent a few hrs. with my mom earlier today, and now not much planned for the rest of the day.  I need to rest up from my travels yesterday.  Hope you are all having a good day!
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb and everyone. It's 79 degrees and cloudy here today. We did get up to a high temp of 83 degrees but the clouds kept the sun from beaming that heat down to the ground.

Today I spent a good deal of time just studying and interacting with my fish individually, including feeding them frozen bloodworms with a long feeding dropper. I used to do this all of the time but got away from it.

It's amazing what you find on your fish by doing a real good observation of them. Anything I found wrong with the fish this time was easily correctable for the most part.  The fish were more than happy to play along.

Liz I hope that you are safe and keeping dry as much as possible. We will be getting remnants of Ida on Thursday but you guys are in the middle of the real thing now. huh

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm fine folks.  In fact, we have very little wind and rain.  I made a pot of chili this afternoon so I'll have several more meals for the freezer just in case.  The bad stuff should start coming in tonight.  Don't worry about me, please.  I'm not worried about myself. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Every time I checked the weather report they said it would rain at any moment and last forever.  Hardly a drop so far.  We have occasional strong breezes but not much else.  they haven't changed their minds about the rain, but they said that the winds would be only 18 mph tonight when this morning they said they'd be 26 mph.  I think I'll take my aluminum chair back outside and stare at my moon flowers for a while.

Barb

Liz glad you are doing fine!  I sure am glad I don't live in Biloxi anymore!  It was Aug 1969 when Hurricane Camille wiped out that whole area.  We moved there in 1973 and they were still trying to recover.
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's dangerous to live close to the cost.  But Katrina took out my house up here in Hattiesburg.  Thank God I was living in Mobile at the time it happened.  Hurricanes do weird and often unexpected things.   I don't think that there a huge impact from it here but you never know.

People who should know better were running to the dollar stores at the last moment to pick up whatever they might have left.  I'm not even afraid of weather but was thinking that we would have impact from this one.  Maybe it will get bad later.