• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 05:35:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 812
Total: 812

Sunday morning greeting

Started by Barb, August 15, 2021, 06:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning all, sorry I missed here yesterday. I took a special beach trip to ride a pontoon tour boat around some of the local outer bank islands.  It was great fun. but it was so hot, even out on the water, I got overheated and felt kind of icky the rest of the day.  I drank a lot of water too. But the heat just got to me.  I feel just fine this morning though.  I plan to have an easy day today. 

Hope the 3 of you get a little relief from your TENS, try moving it around too, not only in one place.   I got mine to use on my recovering shoulder and neck after very painful rotator cuff surgery.  A PT person also used it on my badly injured muscle/tendon/ligament in my right wrist long ago, from lifting a very heavy rock, it helped.

Have a good day,
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. After heavy rain moved through the area overnight the heat wave has been broken. Our high temp will be 81 degrees today and it will be sunny.  |^| |^| |^|

I have a whole bunch of stuff to do in the fishroom since I will be going away for parts of next week and will probably not be able to do much down there until next Sunday.  huh

I also have to squeeze in some house cleaning because Vikki is coming here the day before we leave for NYC to attend the wedding.

Because my days seem to fly by it's time for me to get busy. Maybe I will be able to enjoy some of this beautiful weather later this afternoon. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  It rained last night.  We needed it.  Unfortunately I forgot about my poor car outside backed up to the door for unloading of feed with windows wide open.

I've been back to work collecting shavings and putting them on the beds of my veggie garden.  It's shady and comfortable where the shavings are but of course it is full blazing sun in the vegetable garden when I'm having to pull weeds that I have totally neglected pulling when they were young.  Wire weed is my neminest.  The shavings are damp so although they are easier to fill my buckets and feed bags with they are also heavier.  I had planned on getting the job knocked out today, but what with the heat I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hang.

Y'all have a good day.  Willie, I hope you get al your stuff done.  Barb, take it easy and enjoy the day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi...!

88 out there right now...feels like 94...partly cloudy...96 will be our high...currently humidity is high at 50%...

Not much going on today...both ppl that were planing to come during the week or yesterday to get shrimp have deferred to today...we'll see if they show... huh   ...I did get one rack of small tanks cleaned up and WC done in them...

Took a big ingestable  hit yesterday afternoon...felt good, then drowsy...I came out of it in time to go to bed, then could not get any sleep...tossed all night...!  wfwf ...

I think my objective today is to clean up my pea puffer tank and the albino ribs tank...that will bring me up to time to WC in the 2 big tanks starting tomorrow thru Wednesday...

Barb, sounds like you hay have had a touch of heat stroke...hope you stay feeling better...
Willie, you stay pretty busy, don't you!...
And, Liz, you're gonna work yourself right int the ground!...

Y'all have a good Sunday!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Well the water changes are done and now I'm just thinking about a nap. I have a Porterhouse steak seasoned and waiting to get dropped on the grill but it's just a bit too early.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I worked until I felt that I was starting to suffer then quit.  It looks like there's just 1 more Peamite loaded with feed sacks left.  Although I wanted with all my heart to get the last of it but I knew that keeping on might hurt me.  Shawn said that what I got, little by little amounted to about 3 pick up loads.  Makes me feel good about myself.

After I got the horse shed bedded, the place where I will transplant Iris bulbs to ready to dig shavings into the soil, under the chicken roosting tree covered with shavings, I also have a huge pile of shavings that I've sprinkled with cottonseed meal.  I bet when it rains later, which it will, start heating up immediately. 

I am hurting but I feel good about myself.  I was born to do physical labor.  It makes me feel strong like I used to be.  I'll be soaking my old parts in a good hot bath that will make them feel better.  Maybe tomorrow my TENS unit will arrive.  I so hope that it helps more.
Always move forward. Never look back.