• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 08:13:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 481
Total: 481

Saturday morning.....

Started by Mugwump, May 05, 2018, 05:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Coffee's very good...... |^|....remember sitting on the floor with a bowl of cereal?.... huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..oh.....cool 50's now (cough) but we'll be in the 80's today............60's tomorrow tho...

pot #2...grab a cup.... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning Jon. The coffee is great. In the 60s right now but temps are only going up into the mid 70s today with spotty showers. We needed a break from the unseasonably hot weather (low 90s) over the last 3 days.

I did all of my water changes yesterday so today is cleanup the house day. Vikki's daughter is graduating from college (Del State) next Saturday so a lot of her friends and relatives will be in town. I expect a few of them to drop by my house so I need to have it nice and clean.

Before I start though I must have more coffee.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

We need to do a bit of spring cleaning too..... wfwf ....usually we do it and then have a garage sale... ;)....
Jon

Babers

Background....I don't know anything about fixing refrigerators.

Freezer won't make Ice...watched a lot of YouTube videos to try to figure out what's wrong with it. Checked the main ice maker thingy...tried to reset, nothing happened. Attempted to use my wife's hair dryer to see if line was frozen, nothing happened. Opened the cover on the bottom front, I just got confused. Opened the back part towards the bottom, more confusing now since there's a lot of wires and hoses. Visual inspection(pretending I know what I'm doing 😃), I found out something is leaking where hoses attach. I know I had to replace the part. On articles I've read, there's a chance that this can cause the freezer not to make ice, slight possibility it says. So I ordered a "part" that "might" cause it not to make ice and it came yesterday. Installed it and kept my fingers crossed. This morning....checked the ice maker and we've got ICE!!!

Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on May 05, 2018, 07:14:33 AM

Freezer won't make Ice...watched a lot of YouTube videos to try to figure out what's wrong with it. Checked the main ice maker thingy...tried to reset, nothing happened. Attempted to use my wife's hair dryer to see if line was frozen, nothing happened. Opened the cover on the bottom front, I just got confused. Opened the back part towards the bottom, more confusing now since there's a lot of wires and hoses. Visual inspection(pretending I know what I'm doing 😃), I found out something is leaking where hoses attach. I know I had to replace the part. On articles I've read, there's a chance that this can cause the freezer not to make ice, slight possibility it says. So I ordered a "part" that "might" cause it not to make ice and it came yesterday. Installed it and kept my fingers crossed. This morning....checked the ice maker and we've got ICE!!!

....sounds like a 'refill' solenoid was bad.....after the cubes dumped, it didn't refill... huh.......good job!
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 05, 2018, 07:23:57 AM
Quote from: Babers on May 05, 2018, 07:14:33 AM

....sounds like a 'refill' solenoid was bad.....after the cubes dumped, it didn't refill... huh.......good job!

+1
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Babers

Joel

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 05, 2018, 05:40:31 AM
... so today is cleanup the house day. Vikki's daughter is graduating from college (Del State) next Saturday so a lot of her friends and relatives will be in town. I expect a few of them to drop by my house so I need to have it nice and clean....
...Willie, Really now!...You can keep it clean for a whole week???... ??? ??? ???..Get serious friend...clean it next Friday!!! wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...my weather service on this computer posts a severe heat warning at only 99F today...hummmm...

...gonna do some serious putzing today...picking out some Manzanita to take to the new startup club meeting tomorrow...trip to the pool...start reading a new book...stuff all my money into the back of the Suburban then haul it to the bank...oh, wait a minute, that was last night's dream!! :D :D...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron