• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 04:19:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 843
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 842
Total: 842

Why?

Started by LizStreithorst, October 02, 2014, 05:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Why is it that after I switched to straight tap I have fry that will hatch?  I want no more fry and here I am stuck with more Discus wigglers.  I do not want this, but the fish have given me no choice.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

;D  he he......male strong like bull.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Female is Stendker.  German, strong.  German produce viable spawns in hard water.  The male just did his job. 

Did you know that with Discus the male is usually the better parent?  With Angels, it's the female.

I need to start San Fran BBS in the morning.  The parents can't darken and don't attract the fry to their sides.  If the damn things make it to free swimming, it's my duty to do my best to help them survive.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 02, 2014, 05:32:34 PM
Female is Stendker.  German, strong.  German produce viable spawns in hard water.  The male just did his job. 

Strong woman needs a strong man tho..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Thank god most or their eggs weren't strong enough to survive.  The ones that did survive did so because of the German female. German fish lay eggs that are more permeable to sperm in hard water than Asian females.  I have no proof, I just have what my eyes tell me.

LizStreithorst

These guys went free swimming yesterday.  I estimate there are around 50 of them.  They are eating San Francisco Bay bbs since they are just not attracted to the parent's sides.  I'm going to have to offer their older siblings for sale.  I would rather keep them and watch them mature but I can't with this new batch coming on.