• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 03:25:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 883
Total: 883

Angels wanted

Started by ghonk, May 17, 2015, 06:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

WANTED
Tank raised Manacapuru (red back only),i already know about the Angelfish USA ones.
Tank raised Sta Isabel.
Albino Sunsets,NO pearls or het pearls.
Albino Koi (not going to happen) NO pearls or het pearls.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on May 17, 2015, 06:40:38 AM
WANTED
Tank raised Manacapuru (red back only),i already know about the Angelfish USA ones.
Tank raised Sta Isabel.

The only one I know of is Rob Pelsor for the Manacapuru.....or maybe Joel Mallari on the Ste Isabels...??...these others...good luck.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on May 17, 2015, 07:20:40 AM
WANTED
Tank raised Sta Isabel.

The only one I know of is Rob Pelsor for the Manacapuru.....or maybe Joel Mallari on the Ste Isabels...??...these others...good luck.. ;D

I don't think Rob's were redbacks,not the one's i saw anyway.
Joel had the isabel crosses at one time,maybe i should check and see if he has any others.

Angelfish USA had albino sunsets,now it  looks like they are out of stock,and   $50 shipping,as much as 2 of the juvies. 
Angelfish plus has the fish to make albino koi,HET PEARLS.noooooooo  ;D 

LizStreithorst

I wish I could help you.  I know what it's like to suffer the craving for what you want but cannot  find. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on May 17, 2015, 02:11:09 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 17, 2015, 07:20:40 AM
WANTED
Tank raised Sta Isabel.

I don't think Rob's were redbacks,not the one's i saw anyway.
Joel had the isabel crosses at one time,maybe i should check and see if he has any others.

Angelfish USA had albino sunsets,now it  looks like they are out of stock,and   $50 shipping,as much as 2 of the juvies. 
Angelfish plus has the fish to make albino koi,HET PEARLS.noooooooo  ;D

Rob's are red backs....that characteristic wanes in the F1 cross....mine did it too on most....a sibling cross usually starts a more viewable coloring.....

or you can try the Asian imports.... ;D...it's where David got his.... ;D          My Sta Isabel crosses are the same as Joel's....I got a pair from him a while back....Pauline has some of them, as well a few other folks....yes, some may carry a PB....but not a gold now...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

It's crazy,it seems like  EVERY project i'm interested in has a roadblock.
Either i can't find the fish i need,can't afford them,or BOTH.

I think Rob's mana's were sold as redbacks,the tony tan one's.
But if i remember correctly tan's  developed little or no red.

David has some F? mana's,pre breeders for $120 each plus $50 shipping.I would like to get one to cross to my dantums, but for  $170 for one fish it would have to be SPECTACULUR,it would have to look like a wild caught.
Intense red,no missing or broken bars and great fins.I'm betting that's unlikely. 

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on May 17, 2015, 06:12:51 PM
It's crazy,it seems like  EVERY project i'm interested in has a roadblock.
Either i can't find the fish i need,can't afford them,or BOTH.

I think Rob's mana's were sold as redbacks,the tony tan one's.
But if i remember correctly tan's  developed little or no red.

David has some F? mana's,pre breeders for $120 each plus $50 shipping.I would like to get one to cross to my dantums, but   $170 for one fish it would have to be SPECTACULUR,

Rob has the real deal.....I have a F1 pair too.....both pairs were from Joel via Ken....spawns are almost seasonal still with his, and mine both....I lost my last spawn...didn't catch em in time dang it....I got a few from Rob....they'll be crossed into mine ...
Jon

ghonk

Are you SURE Joel got Manacapuru from Ken.
The only one's i remember Joel getting were 2 different Sta Isabel crosses.
I thought Joel got his Mana from a guy in IL,can't remember his name.He's a member here.   

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on May 17, 2015, 06:36:22 PM
Are you SURE Joel got Manacapuru from Ken.
The only one's i remember Joel getting were 2 different Sta Isabel crosses.
I thought Joel got his Mana from a guy in IL,can't remember his name.He's a member here.

Joel's wife was in the Philippines visiting family....she was the go-between with Ken/Joel....He brought in of bunch of angels.. ;D   Ken doesn't ship...I remember Enrique bringing in the first PB's....I got mine through Pete/Deb Bottle....I think Joel got some of the original's too...??...now days, Ken's come mostly though Neil's work, etc....
Jon

ghonk

Josh,that's who i'm thinking of.
I remember that Joel's wife was there,but only recall him getting Isabel crosses.
One was a Isabel X Albino blue ghost.
The other was a Isabel X (Rio Negro X Blue) I THINK.

If ken had Manacapuru,it seems like he would have crossed them to his  PB fish.
Got to go over to TAF and nosey  around,refresh my memory.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on May 17, 2015, 07:05:35 PM
Josh,that's who i'm thinking of.
I remember that Joel's wife was there,but only recall him getting Isabel crosses.
One was a Isabel X Albino blue ghost.
The other was a Isabel X (Rio Negro X Blue) I THINK.

If ken had Manacapuru,i seems like he would have crossed them to his  PB fish.
Got to go over to TAF and nosey  around,refresh my memory.

Me too.....I got some of the Sta Isabel X (Rio Negro X Blue + gold) but Neil did that cross to one of Ken's Sta Isabel's....I don't recall Josh having the F1's....I may be wrong....I do know that early on Joel had both the Sta Isabel's and the Manacapuru's....thoughts escape me here, but some were from an importer, not Ken....Josh may have been a part of that too....can't remember if it was Joel, or someone else that brought them in....????.....
Jon

Mugwump

Angelkisses....Pete and Deb's old forum....that's where the info is...dang it.....
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on May 17, 2015, 08:15:46 PM
Here it is post #6.
http://www.angelfish.net/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=23535

Yeppers, that must be what you were referring too....did you read again the article that Joel posted about the red back expression??....it follows what I have read, and seen too......it can float a generation before occurring with any intensity again...good find....I know there's more on this that was talked about over at Pete/Deb's too.....
Jon