• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 07:10:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 509
Total: 509

Back from the Milw. swap...

Started by Mugwump, January 13, 2013, 04:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

It's hard to beat JR's day, but this was an excellent swap. While it didn't have the size of the GCCA swap, it did have some great quality amongst the attending vendors. First off, we stopped by Capt'n Bob for some 'Frenzy' and an 'emergency bn cave'...some flake, and we talked about 'Rocket fuel' and his substrate,,,needless to say, Bob loaded us up with goodies...yowser..
thanks again, Bob...we miss seeing Gale....so we look and Steve Schindler is there too, he rode in with Bob...you folks should know that Steve is a big,big reptile lover..besides having some excellent fish, ask about his other friends..disregard him being a 'Packer' fan....LOL
   I should say that some nut with a refridgerator, in his pick 'em up, pulled into the parking lot just before us...LOL..turned out that it was Scott and his buddy going to deliver a 'fridge' but getting in a swap meet first, good choice....it's always good to see our friend Scott, good people....
   Anyway, Scott's buddy paid all our entries for us, wow, how's that...Scott's buddy's a jewel too...and he had his son with him too.....so we see about 25-35 vendors and just smile.. ;D..Jan and I headed for Bob with Scott and all not far behind....so Bob says, who's 'Frank the Plumber'..he'd chatted with a guy named Frank earlier...we looked and there was Frank, who had set up a vendor table too....well, folks, things were looking good.... ;D off we go to make sure that Bob and Frank know who each other are...LOL...I know they'd seen each other before at swaps,etc...but names to faces are better...yep..
   We grabbed some Long fin Albino blue eyed BN's from Frank, as Scott picked up a pre order of angels....then turned around and a guy had bags of assassin snails...boomba, another thing checked off the 'look for list'....then it gets kind of hazy...we went looking around for more goodies....our eyes sparkled like children at Xmas as we cruised the scene...Long fin danios, more BN varieties, Koi angel breeders from Rybicki's line..corys, plants, equipment....zounds will this never end ????....but,alas, our swap budget was soon maxed....sheesh...scored a hot mag filter for $2..thanks to Scott who spotted this good buy....and grabbed 2 bags of Clown Loach fry to grow out...I'm missing something...oh well.....the day was a blur...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

This was a really nice swap. Well organized, well attended, the folks were all great. I met a lot of nice people and enjoyed meeting friends on the forum. I will be going back to Milwaukee any time the nice people there decide to invite us in for an event. The wife had a nice time too.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

sschind

Quote from: Mugwump on January 13, 2013, 04:47:22 PM

thanks again, Bob...we miss seeing Gale....so we look and Steve Schindler is there too, he rode in with Bob...you folks should know that Steve is a big,big reptile lover..besides having some excellent fish, ask about his other friends..disregard him being a 'Packer' fan....LOL

Good seeing you guys again to John and Jan, and thanks for not bringing up the game.  I'm sure you just forgot otherwise you wouldn't have missed an opportunity to rub it in.  Actually, we discussed football a bit (just not the game) so I'm sure you remembered so I guess what Bob says about is not true.  You can be a decent guy.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Rjb3

The next Milwaukee swap will be in April or May.

Mugwump

Cool......we may give that one shot too, and get a table??....is there any more room(s)??...LOL..that one would be a little tight with more vendors...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

This was a fun swap. True it wasn't as big as the GCCA but it had everything I was looking for. This was Dan's(My buddy) first swap every. He had fun. There was a vendor there that he got a light strip from that didn't work. and that's too bad. I did get a card from the guy but just can't find it with all the other stuff I got.
I want to thank Captain Bob and Frank The Plumber. This is the second batch of angels I got from frank and there just as nice as the first.
Also Captain Bob has to be one of the nicest person I have met in some time. Thanks for all the great fish food. I Tried the Alpha-Blitz Breeder on the St Isabel/Rio Negro Pair. They where stupid and didn't realize that it was new food until it sank down and hit them in the head. It was funny seeing the food hitting them. Once they figured out that it was food they hammered away at it. The rams weren't as stupid they knew right away that it was food and tore it up. I also got some plants for the 55 gallon. 
Dan traded the refrigerator for a 150 gallon tank and stand. And I figured we were in Wisconsin so we would fit in if there was a fridge in the truck. I found out today how heavy an all glass 150 is. Not to much fun to move that big tank into the truck then his basement.
Also on Saturday I got two F1 C. Mpimbwe Frontosa. This is the first time that I'm trying bigger cichlids and there in there own ten gallon for now there so small I should have a little time to get them there own bigger tank. If all goes well I might try a breeding group. I'm trying to get a little diversity in what I'm trying to breed. Then on Friday I got a JBJ Reaction 4-stage canister filter. I got it dirt cheap. it needs new o-ring. I knew that when I got it. That's why it was so cheap.  I tried to use the old ones and it leaked all over the kitchen. Wife was mad about that.

This is one of the chocolate blue pearl veil angelfish from Frank.

55 with the new plants. It's looking good, now I just need to control the algae.

F1 C. Mpimbwe Frontosa

Scott

Mugwump

Nice pics, beautiful fish.....I saw those plants too, shoulda snagged some, palm/forehead/slap,....now don't tell me those pics are from your phone camera.... ::)
Jon

b125killer

Yep there all from my phone. It's sad when I can take better pictures from my phone than my camera.
I seen the clown loaches and was talking to the guy that had them. He said he feeds his Krill.  Are you going to grow them big? Or is it just for snail control?
Scott

Mugwump

More for snail control right now...krill...naw, perhaps some frozen brine/blood worms,etc...besides, they're slow growers and live long...
Is Dan going to pop in here??....
and, yeppers those big tanks will put your privates in your socks, carrying them down stairs.. ;D...been there.....
Jon

b125killer

They are slow growers.  I've had mine almost a year and there only three to four inches. They do love blood worms and brine shrimp.
I'm not to sure if Dan is going to join in the fun. He might of forgot the site name. I'll have to ask him.
Scott