• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 06:39:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 522
Total: 522

Tuesday's rainy, lazy day....

Started by Mugwump, April 07, 2015, 06:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee....Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....just going to putz a bit....a few water changes, etc.....a few tunes....maybe a nap?....spaghetti tonight??.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Raining here too, but temps are warm for now.  Going down to Annapolis (62 miles away) for some lunch with some old friends, a couple of them I haven't seen in 7 years. ;D ;D ;D Coffee is very good to start off my morning.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 07, 2015, 07:02:52 AM
Raining here too, but temps are warm for now.  Going down to Annapolis (62 miles away) for some lunch with some old friends, a couple of them I haven't seen in 7 years. ;D ;D ;D Coffee is very good to start off my morning.

Drive safe, and have a wonderful day....lunch with old friends sounds like a perfect day...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Willie,,,,have a good and Safe visit.

I'm going to get the diagnostic procedure for deadening the nerves in my back today. After that, they'll set it up to do the main burning procedure in a few weeks.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Got the injection to diagnose the nerve pain in the back a couple hours ago. Each hour I'm supposed to rate the pain. Started out with none and it felt so good. Now I have some, darn it! We'll see hoe it goes into the evening.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Is that the injection that determines if you are a candidate for the nerve burning procedure?   If so, sometimes it will take a few days for the pain to get under control. Best wishes Ron. I hope it works for you.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Yes, Pauline.  Pain was at level 2 earlier this afternoon, Right now it's about 1/2....! I hope it continues this way. I'm not having the shooting pain down in my leg either. The doc said that could be a referral pain. I hope that continues too...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron, I hope this works out well for you so you can finally get some relief.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I hope it works for you too, Ron.........how is it today, after a nights rest?
Jon

Ron Sower

On waking this morning, not as "stiff"or hurting as much as usual. I would say that usually at this time of day i'm at a 5 or 6 for an hour or so. Today it's around a 3. Still good. She wouldn't tell me when to expect it to wear off, which is a good way to do it.

Thanks for the good thoughts.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 08, 2015, 10:39:51 AM
On waking this morning, not as "stiff"or hurting as much as usual. I would say that usually at this time of day i'm at a 5 or 6 for an hour or so. Today it's around a 3. Still good. She wouldn't tell me when to expect it to wear off, which is a good way to do it.

;D.....I've been through a little sustained pain myself, over the years....I really sympathize with you. and others, going through it......when relief f finally hits....it's pure bliss.... ;D...
Jon

Mugwump

..so much for a lazy day....I was putz'n in the fish room and thought "well why not another water change?".....so I did 50%+'ers on all the fry tanks and grow out tanks, etc....tomorrow, I'll go down and just do everybody, and those tanks all over again too.... ;D....     
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on April 08, 2015, 12:03:45 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on April 08, 2015, 10:39:51 AM

;D.....I've been through a little sustained pain myself, over the years....I really sympathize with you. and others, going through it......when relief f finally hits....it's pure bliss.... ;D...
So you know how good I felt the rest of the day yesterday  :)  Such a relief.  But at 10AM I just took a little walk with Lucy a couple blocks down the street and back....the party's over.  I hope it just means the anesthesia has worn off!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

A couple of blocks walk can make your back sore even though it doesn't seem like it should. I  couldn't handle grocery shopping...simply walking through the store with arms raised caused a lot of back pain and leg pain. However I think if resting your back after that walk gets you relief from most of the pain you'll still be on the right track towards the rhizotomy.

It's easy to get discouraged with chronic pain. It certainly SUX but there can be patterns you'll learn to recognize and will subsequently be able to manage it. Hang in there.  ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

The doc's office didn't call back to day. I'll pester the heck out of them tomorrow. Yes, about the shopping. Lucy gets disappointed when I don't feel good enough to go shopping with her. My method is to have a list, get in, get it, get out! It's not shopping really.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron