• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 07:30:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 97
Total: 97

Monday's fantastic coffee

Started by Mugwump, November 17, 2014, 06:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....Cold morn'n, hot coffee...MMMMmmmmm.........2nd pot started, and then I should get dressed...LOL...still sitting around in night clothes.... ;D ...some water changes and putz'n downstairs......L144 pop's is on eggs again...'snot's' Dad is about to release a bunch, and maybe they PB/Pinoy fry will free swim today???......now...more coffee.. 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Water changes here today too.  Raining all day today. :(. Temps going up to 60 before taking a 25 degree drop for tomorrow. :o

My widowed Plat female turned her sights onto a Plat male in the community tank and they spawned on the heater. Hard boiled eggs anyone? ??? Some eggs are still ok. ::) 

Don't need anymore spawns from her. No tank space and I have 15 juvenile plats to carry on. 8)

I think I need to lower the temp in that tank to about 75 to curtail spawning. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 17, 2014, 06:30:39 AM
I think I need to lower the temp in that tank to about 75 to curtail spawning. ::)

Ever try 'birth control' food???  ;D    It's laced with THC, they eat it and don't care if they spawn or not, as long as the music's loud.   ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 17, 2014, 06:34:29 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on November 17, 2014, 06:30:39 AM

Ever try 'birth control' food???  ;D    It's laced with THC, they eat it and don't care if they spawn or not, as long as the music's loud.   ;D

;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Single digits here last night, same tonight...low about 7-8 deg's.....
Jon

PaulineMi

Brrrrrr Jon!  Single digits...we're in the balmy teens all nights this week. I won a contest on TAS and I want to use it for some more Dantum angels. Maybe this spring?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 17, 2014, 08:15:24 AM
Brrrrrr Jon!  Single digits...we're in the balmy teens all nights this week. I won a contest on TAS and I want to use it for some more Dantum angels. Maybe this spring?

David ships well in the winter too.... 8)..and/or get a case of sponges??....around $50
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 17, 2014, 08:25:28 AM

David ships well in the winter too.... 8)..and/or get a case of sponges??....around $50

And it's only November.  Not even Thanksgiving yet. ???
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 17, 2014, 09:35:10 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 17, 2014, 08:25:28 AM

And it's only November.  Not even Thanksgiving yet. ???

I know...it's looking more like a repeat of last year??..huh?.....yikes ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Coffee was good. Little coffee cake with it.  Getting ready to go and meet a fellow to trade some plants for some of his plecos in a few minutes. Yesterday I wasn't even up at this hour yet! What some guys will for their hobbies!!!!

Oh, yes! A nice 25F outside right now!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

The lake effect snow is moving in now along with enough wind that geese flying by look like they're in slow motion.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

It's a balmy 21?F here with about 6 inches of snow.....  down to 10?F tonight.

Dennis

Mugwump

Nice Dennis..... ;D      Anyone here ever make snow ice cream???
Jon

BallAquatics

We used to make it all the time when I was a kid.....  little bit of sugar, little bit of vanilla  yum yum!

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 17, 2014, 11:53:14 AM
We used to make it all the time when I was a kid.....  little bit of sugar, little bit of vanilla  yum yum!

Dennis

Mom made a real thick egg nog and mixed it in...MMMmmm....and it was so cold that it'd freeze your throat, if you ate it too fast.....LOL....we've made it for the boys when they were growing up too...
Jon