• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:54:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 516
Total: 516

Where do all those college football fans live?

Started by BillT, November 09, 2014, 12:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Unfortunately, in areas where people don't "like" FaceBook, but are still adamant college football fans, the data just goes to crap.

Interesting, but quite misleading to say the least.....  But, on the other hand, one could conclude that folks in Alabama like FaceBook almost as much as they like their college football.   ;)

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 09, 2014, 02:49:23 PM
Unfortunately, in areas where people don't "like" FaceBook, but are still adamant college football fans, the data just goes to crap.

Interesting, but quite misleading to say the least.....  But, on the other hand, one could conclude that folks in Alabama like FaceBook almost as much as they like their college football.   ;)

Dennis

I got a chuckle out of Northwestern being shown.....if it wasn't for alumni...the stadium would be empty.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

I thought it was weird some states were all lit up next to noes that were almost blank.
Maybe Dennis's explanation covers that.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 09, 2014, 03:54:04 PM
I got a chuckle out of Northwestern being shown.....if it wasn't for alumni...the stadium would be empty.. ;D
How many college students can afford tickets?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 10, 2014, 10:46:06 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 09, 2014, 03:54:04 PM
How many college students can afford tickets?

At a lot of schools, you get in free with your student ID card...the $$$ for events are included in the tuition...??
Jon

PaulineMi

The AD at Michigan State is considering heating the seats in the student area! :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 17, 2014, 08:18:29 AM
The AD at Michigan State is considering heating the seats in the student area! :o

Good grief...the spoiled brats............it used to be a pint in your back pocket to keep ya warm...
Jon

BallAquatics

I didn't notice any of them having trouble keeping warm when we played there a couple of weeks ago.   ;)

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 17, 2014, 08:24:23 AM
Quote from: PaulineMi on November 17, 2014, 08:18:29 AM

Good grief...the spoiled brats............it used to be a pint in your back pocket to keep ya warm...
It's not my butt that gets cold at these events, it's my hands and feet. That's what they should work on!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

MSU says "Oh how I hate Ohio State".   ;)

MSU was last year's Rose Bowl winner. This year they're not doing so well.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 17, 2014, 10:18:51 AM

I think the MSU coach Mark Dantonio has a special place in his heart for OSU..... he was our defensive co-ordinator when we were National Champs in 2002.   ;)

Dennis

PaulineMi

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 17, 2014, 10:42:57 AM
Quote from: PaulineMi on November 17, 2014, 10:18:51 AM

I think the MSU coach Mark Dantonio has a special place in his heart for OSU..... he was our defensive co-ordinator when we were National Champs in 2002.   ;)

Dennis

Did you ever happen to see him smile?   It seems like 98% of the time he's super intense, even during interviews.

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 17, 2014, 10:58:03 AM
Did you ever happen to see him smile?

I have, but they are definitely few and far between.

Dennis