• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:13:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 637
Total: 637

Sunday morn'n

Started by Mugwump, May 18, 2014, 05:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....coffee's good  ;D ..calling for a nice day around 70 degs...some fish room putz'n, then just relaxing and enjoying it all  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Coffee's good, and I'm off the next four Sundays. That means trap shooting at the Sportsman's Club.

Mugwump

..have fun, I haven't shot Trap or skeet in years.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

You both should take a little road trip sometime . . . . . . . . .

Gale and I love to shoot trap. We have a great bunch of guys and girls that come out regularly. We've been cooking out. Don't know what the food for today will be. Eating and trap shooting. Two of my favorite passtimes. LOL

Mugwump

..just might have to do that  ;D

I can't tell you how nice it is to see the clear sunny skies this morning....it bodes a wonderful day here  ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Clear skies and sunshine thus morning sure lifts the spirits.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

2 posts replaced and 6 boards cut and put up.  I've been at it for 3 hours.  I'm slow, but it's done well.  We've had a lot of rain but none for the past several days which made the dirt perfect for digging and packing in with my good stick.  I was able to pull out the rotted posts without a whole lot of effort.  I drank 1/2 gallon of water which is an abomination as water is for fish.  I'm taking a beer/cigar break before I move on to the next section.

I'll need to buy more nails (would you believe I forgot to buy nails :-[) and some quickcrete to top off the holes which I didn't get when I was at Lowes because it was raining and I was in Charlotte rather than the van.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Done!  Thank God I ran out of nails.  I was ready to call it quits for the day.  Still, not a bad day's work for an old woman :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 18, 2014, 02:18:52 PM
Done!  Thank God I ran out of nails.  I was ready to call it quits for the day.  Still, not a bad day's work for an old woman :)

'old women'...ya sound pretty spry to me... ;D....me...I'm waiting for 'tank back' to set in....LOL
Jon

Mugwump

..water changes done, sponges and floss changed, fry sorted/moved, some glass cleaned, top glass wiped down, cleaned slates, hooked up the 'big' Diatom on the 125 gal, I'll clean the HOT mags shortly........first up, a fresh pot of coffee  ;D
Jon

EdKaz

Was going to try to get some stuff done in the fish cave today.
Cut the grass earlier and decided it was too nice outside to spend it inside. Relaxin now on the patio with the grandsons Ipad on my lap trying to figure out how this thing works :o

I figure it will rain or SNOW in the next day or two makin for good inside days

Mugwump

We've been out on the deck sitting on the porch swing....beautiful outside...lov'n it too..
Jon

PaulineMi

I put a bunch of plants into permanent pots on the deck and patio. Got the patio furniture all in place. Played with the dog for awhile then came in and did some water changes. Now I'm relaxing,  giving the back a break, just waiting for 8 p.m. to roll around so we can watch the Detroit Tigers hopefully get a three game sweep in Boston.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 18, 2014, 06:05:11 AM
You both should take a little road trip sometime . . . . . . . . .

Gale and I love to shoot trap. We have a great bunch of guys and girls that come out regularly. We've been cooking out. Don't know what the food for today will be. Eating and trap shooting. Two of my favorite passtimes. LOL

Jon

Rjb3

It didn't go quite that well, but we broke a few clays today.