• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:39:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 507
Total: 507

Thursday morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, May 18, 2017, 06:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the coffee is very, very good......MMMmmmm

...thorms moved through here last night.....big ones too.......but I'm afraid that I slept right through them.... |^| 

...water changes and starting swap prep today....then we'll just take it as it comes....

...now back to my regularly scheduled coffee....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is very good indeed. HHH today. Code Orange. Going up to the mid 90s. huh

The fish tanks are finally up and running to my satisfaction. I have 8 tanks running a total of 438 gallons. This is down considerably from the 1200 gallons I was running last summer.

I do have the equipment and capacity to add another 225 gallons but with the 8 tanks I have just enough electricity without having to call my electrician.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...Morn'n Willie.....mid 70's for us...which will be much more pleasant than the last week's temps... |^|.....

...400-500 gallons will do fine....a good start... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 18, 2017, 06:18:40 AM
...Morn'n Willie.....mid 70's for us...which will be much more pleasant than the last week's temps... |^|.....

Yep. The 400 to 500 gallons feel like a sweet spot for me. Now I can go back to being a hobbyist instead of a worker. Lol
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 18, 2017, 06:24:39 AM

Yep. The 400 to 500 gallons feel like a sweet spot for me. Now I can go back to being a hobbyist instead of a worker. Lol

...we'll be pulling back some here too pretty soon.....we need to reconfigure and eliminate some tanks....can always add 'em back... huh
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 18, 2017, 06:35:43 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on May 18, 2017, 06:24:39 AM

...we'll be pulling back some here too pretty soon.....we need to reconfigure and eliminate some tanks....can always add 'em back... huh

I have a couple of 40b, a few 20h, a 20L and a 55 sitting idle if I need to expand some. Sold a bunch of tanks earlier in the spring though.
Willie

Mugwump

..gone is pot #2....windows are wide open...sun's bright, and breezy winds are prevalent.....65deg's, and it's gorgeous outside.... |^|

...fish are fed, load of wash going, ate my Wheaties, and now with another fresh cup of coffee, it's time to get going and face the day's coming events.... |^|

..or is it an early nap moment......LOL
Jon

Ron Sower

...ahhhh....73 and going to mid 80s today... 8)

...gonna walk on the new concrete!... pay some bills...slow cook a pork loin...clean out the Burbun...wash the golf cart...scan some papers into the computer....yada, yada, yada....

...I'm feeling better yesterday and today than I have in a long while...Lucy has been putting some "digestive aiding enzymes" in the mix of supplements we take daily...I cut out that one and turmeric yesterday and my tummy hasn't been grumbling and I've got some energy back... |^|

...I'm putting off water changes til Saturday when I trim plants for the AAPE meeting Sunday up in Surprise, AZ...I'll spend the whole day with the fishes!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

got home from the LFS and put the ridge cap on the roof.  I drilled in one screw and saw that I needed longer screws for the ridge cap than for the roof itself.  Drove into Ellisville and bought screws.  By the time I got home it was raining.  The rain showers are real hit or miss.  Right now the sun is coming out again, but I don't want to get up on the roof  just to slide off and kill myself.  I guess I'll move some fish around and do some needed wipe downs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

LOL.  I ignored my own advice and screwed in the ridge cap.  I had gotten sick to death of worrying about it and wanted to get it over with.  The only dangerous part was moving from the ladder to the roof.  I really should have had a 10' ladder, but I made due with my 8' one.

It's supposed to rain all weekend so it doesn't look like I'll be doing any painting until next Thrursday.  That's OK.  The fish need more attention than they've been getting of late.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 18, 2017, 03:04:53 PM
LOL.  I ignored my own advice and screwed in the ridge cap.  I had gotten sick to death of worrying about it and wanted to get it over with.  The only dangerous part was moving from the ladder to the roof.  I really should have had a 10' ladder, but I made due with my 8' one.

It's supposed to rain all weekend so it doesn't look like I'll be doing any painting until next Thrursday.  That's OK.  The fish need more attention than they've been getting of late.

...good job..........but be careful.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I don't need to be careful anymore.  All I have left is painting and fencing.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 18, 2017, 04:17:36 PM
I don't need to be careful anymore.  All I have left is painting and fencing.

.....you must always be careful.....we're all not invincible you know.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I know, but I feel as close to being invincible as an old woman of 66 can.  I know a lot of old ladies.  I don't know one who would have even considered tackling a job like this.  Makes me feel independentng the job |^|  What I do takes donkey's years, and it's never as perfect as I would like, but I'm used to that ::)