• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 11:00:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 526
Total: 526

Happy Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, June 20, 2023, 10:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hope you all are well. I had an early doctor's appointment this morning so now that I've done that I don't have anymore appointments until the end of August. All of my bloodwork is good and my overall health is great for a 69 year old.

That rain that has been pounding Liz is headed this way so hopefully it will ease our drought. I gave up on watering my grass and let it go dormant because unless we get real rain I would not be able to keep up the grass's water needs on my own. With some rain I am able to water enough to help keep it green most of the summer.

It is currently 72 degrees and cloudy here and we will only get up to 77 degrees this afternoon. It will be pretty breezy most of the day and the rains will move in over the next few days.

It's time to give Kobe his meds and feed the Discus their lunch. One thing about these Discus that I love is that they recognize me as soon as I walk in the basement and start begging for food the moment they see me.  mim mim mim

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie...and the rest of you later...

It's 85 now and going to 98 or so...sunny too!...

Went to the dermatologist yesterday...she did a biopsy to remove a small pimple-like spot from my chin that continually surfaces and disappears, but leaves a little knot below the skin...it'll be 10 days to learn the results...also she found another lump under the skin on left cheek...it turned out to be a sebaceous cyst when she removed it...I will go back the 28th to get some stuff frozen off my bald head!...
;D
We had, what I think is, the last birthday dinner for Lucy for this year...she is now 75!...When I was growing up your birthday came on the month and day of your birth...it was over in a day...when I met Lucy I began to learn that some ppl celebrate it for a week or more! ???...Well, it still continues for a week for Miss Lucy! ;D ...we started with the Tucson trip, then we had dinner out with one couple Friday night, a party (not specifically for her, though) on Sunday, and dinner out with Stan and Barb last night...I think it's over now... wfwf

Well...I HOPE it's over now!... ;D ;D ;D

I think I'll be doing tank maintenance at my office customer today...I've got to text her to make sure it's a good day to do it...usually I set up maintenance dates for the following month in advance with the office mgr...she wasn't there on the last date....just heard back...it will be done Thursday this week!...

I have several things to do today so I guess I'd better get started...have a good day, all you Muggers!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hey Ron, FYI Vikki celebrates her birthday for the whole month of September. huh
Willie

Barb

Hi guys and Liz.  It finally rained a little earlier today, I was not home at the time but my my yard is wet.  Need much more, but not from the 2 tropical systems out in the Atlantic now.  Willie, did you get much/any rain yet?  Ron, if I lived where you do I would have a nice cactus garden.  Here all mine are in my sunroom, too wet and humid here to grow them outside.  :(

I ordered a ferocious looking alligator head, mouth open, all teeth.  It is to float in my pond.  Last week 2 of my 5 goldfish disappeared, I think the hawk I saw there yesterday is the culprit.  They were about 5" fish I raised from babies. :(
Barb

wsantia1

Barb, I am sorry about your goldfish. That hawk will be back so hopefully your alligator head will work for you. As far as rain goes I might as well be in the desert with Ron. huh We haven't had rain since the beginning of May but most of the nearby towns have gotten plenty. huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

be sure to move that gater head from place to place every few days.  Good luck. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 20, 2023, 12:43:06 PM
Hey Ron, FYI Vikki celebrates her birthday for the whole month of September. huh
...we have a friend that celebrates hers for the whole month of July...it's crazy!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron