• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 11:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 662
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 525
Total: 525

Wednesday morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, August 09, 2017, 06:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Good morning everyone.......a nice cool 56deg's headed for a another sunny, breezy, 80 deg. day.... |^|

..coffee's wonderful.....very good...MMmmm...slept good, and the back feels much better... |^|....do far.....LOL....I hate getting old.....

....some water changes early, then some putz'n.........make a pot of spaghetti sauce... huh

....and now back to our main feature.......coffee !.....time for another big cup  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning all. Coffee is great once again. The weather is great also. The sky is sunny and temps will go up into the mid 80s but the humidity will be very low. My kind of weather.

Lots of running around today and then I get to come back here and do water changes. Today is the last day of treating my tanks and things have stabilized quite a bit. Lost a lot of plecos but only 1 Angel (age?) and no cories or Altums.

I also have seven L340 survivors (doing well) as well as all of my L183s. Now it is try to work on breeding these L183s. They do nothing but eat and sit in the caves or under the driftwood. It looks like I have 2 males and 2 females. lol

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Pot #2 almost gone........beautiful morning out there.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 09, 2017, 07:18:28 AM

Lots of running around today and then I get to come back here and do water changes. Today is the last day of treating my tanks and things have stabilized quite a bit. Lost a lot of plecos but only 1 Angel (age?) and no cories or Altums.

I also have seven L340 survivors (doing well) as well as all of my L183s. Now it is try to work on breeding these L183s. They do nothing but eat and sit in the caves or under the driftwood. It looks like I have 2 males and 2 females. lol

How are you treating the tanks? Last I remember you were looking at a carbon filter to catch extra chloramine or whatever it was.
Dan

wsantia1

Quote from: wallace on August 09, 2017, 09:14:35 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 09, 2017, 07:18:28 AM

How are you treating the tanks? Last I remember you were looking at a carbon filter to catch extra chloramine or whatever it was.

I treated everything with heavy duty doses of metro for 10 days. I did that as a precaution for the Altums. Did not want anything spreading to that tank. I think I cross contaminated a couple of tanks. Any number of things could have happened with me moving 26 tanks worth of fish and hurting my back maintenance was not optimal.
Willie

wallace

I don't try very hard to keep my tanks separate, it seems like an impossible task. I do rinse the siphon hose off with peroxide between tanks if it hasn't dried since it was in the last tank, and I wash my hands sometimes... but that's about it.

I did 14 days of metro on some discus a while ago. Didn't see improvement until about day 8 so I figured better go another 6 days beyond that.
Dan

wsantia1

Quote from: wallace on August 09, 2017, 10:25:10 AM
I don't try very hard to keep my tanks separate, it seems like an impossible task. I do rinse the siphon hose off with peroxide between tanks if it hasn't dried since it was in the last tank, and I wash my hands sometimes... but that's about it.

I did 14 days of metro on some discus a while ago. Didn't see improvement until about day 8 so I figured better go another 6 days beyond that.

I've seen lots of improvement even on fish I didn't think were sick. They are all eating like hungry fry again.
Willie