• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 01:31:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 815
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 791
Total: 791

Monday, Monday…so good to me!

Started by Ron Sower, July 31, 2023, 11:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hi guys!...remember me? ;D ...I used to be pretty regular on here, but lately I've been preoccupied.... :-\. Mostly with the swap meet that occurred Saturday...I spent Thursday and Friday bagging and labeling plants, fish and shrimp...I took way more than I knew would sell and sold about 2/3 of it...tripled my best gross yet!...then Saturday night I got all the leftover shrimp and fish back into their tanks and yesterday and early this morning got all the plants back in their tanks..lotta work, but enjoyable...I had 2 young ppl help me at the 3 tables I had and Stan helped me load and unload...I was swamped the whole 2 hours of the meet...even with the help!...Next event is our monthly meeting this Sunday...

Seems like the east coast is getting a lot of hot, muggy weather...ours is hot but dry...after 31 days of 110+ temps in Phoenix area I believe today is going to drop below that into the 100 - 109 range...monsoon rains are occurring on and around us now, usually at night in my town...they're rolling up from the south...BTW...I just checked and our humidity is up from last night's rain...it's 33%!...

I read all the past posts you all have made...glad all are getting along ok and got back from your respective trips ok...

Echocardiogram on Friday showed no problems with my heart muscles and valves...I was surprised the the doc called and left me a message with the results after 5 that evening!...didn't expect any information back til after the catch procedure on the 8th...the follow up appointment is the 15th when I really expected information...

You folks have a good day and keep on smiling!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good evening friends.  One of these days all four of us will post.  I hope we go back to four daily sooner rather than later.  Ron, at least it was good to hear that you were MIA because you were mired in fun fish stuff.  Glad to hear you did well at the swap.

I got stuff done today, but not everything I'd hoped.  It was because I had phone calls I had to make.  they were to the bank, to the dentist,  and to two separate ladies.  I'm sure everyone knows what it's like having lady cherished lady friends who haven't spoken to each other for a long time goes...Lots of news, both good and bad to catch up on with chatting on this and that going on, as well.  These are not 5 minute calls by a long shot.

It was 11 by the time I finally left the house.  It was already very hot and my car's AC has been out.  I knew hitting both the pet store and the feed store we would be too much.  I skipped the feed store.  I have a full sack of horse food left so there is time.

I had a wonderful time at the pet store.  It had been a long time since I had seen Twee.  She and Ken just got back from 3 weeks in Vietnam.  She said it was beautiful.  they had a wonderful time.  Twee said that you can get by on $10 a day there, and that if you want to live high on the hog, $20. a day.  I took her some shrimp and bought a flat of frozen blood worms which why I went there in the first place.

We chatted about our aches and pains.  That poor lately has had this and that problem for over 8 years.  Right now she's getting over a tear in a hip muscle, and was also diagnosed with degenerative disc disease.  The poor little thing is only 50 years old.  I know what she's in for.  I feel so sorry for her.  She keeps on working, though, and she works hard.

Then I went to the big supermarket in the same strip mall and got a few necessary things including tofu which I now have to drive all the way to Hattiesburg to buy.

When I got home  I grabbed a couple of chicken legs and sliced a nice tomato for lunch.  I got so tired I didn't want to hold up either my body or my head so I dragged my ass into the bed.  I was late waking up for WC but got the Discus tanks done.  Charlotte has been fed dinner, and I'm ready to haul my sorry ass to bed till morning.  My mind is too tired to read, but I may watch a little tube.  See y'all in the morning.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Our record of 110+ temps ended yesterday!...31 days!...didn't break110 today!...I could tell the difference in the way the AC worked in the house and the car...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron