• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 06:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 774
Total: 774

Hot & Steamy Saturday

Started by wsantia1, July 15, 2023, 01:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. I hope that you are all well. As we wait for the rain to come through it is currently 83 (feels like 91) degrees under cloudy skies with the dew point at 77 degrees. These are all elements of Thorms in the making. Those Thorms should begin rolling through here later this afternoon and into the evening.

I've been messing around in the fishroom and when I haven't been down there I've running errands. While fooling around in the fishroom I peaked into a Pitch Black Ram tank where I took a chance and selected "a pair" to mate and lo and behold the female was sitting on a clutch of eggs in the 20G high.

I didn't want to take a chance of losing the spawn so I pulled the flower pot that they were in and dropped it into a fishless 10G that's been running for a while. I have raised a couple of spawns in this tank so hopefully the magic is still there.

Liz, like you, now that I have less tanks running I am also able to take better care of the tanks that I running with fish. This is much more enjoyable where as before it felt more like a job. I still have a bunch of tanks (10 with fish) but not 35 tanks with fish.

It is now relaxing/napping time for me so I hope you all have a great day and I'll take a peak in here later.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's about nap time for me, too.  Buts except for scooting to the garden while the dogs played in the pasture, I couldn't get my lazy ass until noon when I drove to Seminary to the Piggly Wiggly.  I love that town it's only one block long.  It's way tinier that Ellisville, and folks are even more polite that Ellisville.  Everyone always treats me like I'm a neighbor.

Shawn was over moving my lawn when I got home and came in to pull the dishwasher out for me and set up the TV that has been sitting around news and unused for almost every.  I'll watch TV tonight even though my new book also arrived this morning.  After Shawn left, I was too worn out to cook.  I'll improvise something when I get hungry enough.

I have to do WC's but only the 3 Discus tanks, and give Charlotte dinner I'll make a bite to eat out of what needs no prep and cooking, take a lovely hot bath and get in bed and watch some tube.  See y'all in the morning.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi gang...I just finished catching up on the last few days...I'll chk in tomorrow...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron