• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 09:28:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 745
Total: 746

Monday Monday

Started by Barb, June 12, 2023, 02:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good afternoon friends, will read what I have missed the last couple days, after I write this. I was gone all weekend and having a busy day here so far.  The heat and humidity of summer seems to be here, at least this week.  I got too much of it earlier today.  Good thing it is pouring rain for a bit now, hope it cools things down out there.  My arm is slightly better but bothers me a lot.  I probably need to wear a sling and not move it for a few weeks, but that won't happen.  I just try not to move it in the way that hurts.

Also, one of my beloved cats is showing signs of age related decline and I am sad about it.  Another of my girls has kidney disease.  Only one of the 3 is healthy as far as I can tell.  #4 died last Dec.

Fish are all fine though.  Haven't seen baby turtle again but at least I know he/she is in there. You all take care of yourselves, like I am trying to do here.  Have a good Monday,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb.  If you don't put that arm in a sling and let it rest, you're just going to prolong the time that you're in pain.  Even though you refuse to say that you're an old fart, healing is harder and takes longer when we're old.

It's raining here, too.  We've had showers every afternoon or evening but we have the boomers coming in now, the dogs are all atremble but the rain itself is on and off.  So far, none of the tree swaying winds I so love.

I got 46 Pitch Blacks bagged, packed and taken to Boe's for shipping.  The head gentleman there carried it in for me.  I'll send my customer/fish friend his 20 Dutch Blues on Wednesday.  I have past customer who I think is crazy who wants to buy a bulk order of the remaining Dutch blues even though I told him that they're over the hill for breeding purposes.  However to I run into people like this by selling fish?  Sometimes I feel like the gods have shined their light on me.

The house is a mess.  I know I'll get to it some time.  I should be napping now in preparation to WC but I'll skip the nap today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Barb and Liz. We got a little rain today but hardly enough to do us any good. It looks like the rain might be over for the day. We are supposed to get more rain later in the week. I hope so.

Barb I'm sorry to hear that you are still hurting from that arm. I agree with both of you that the sling will help you and at the very least it will remind you that it hurts so you won't be making any uncomfortable movements with it.

I've been working with the fish tanks and I emptied another 2 over the weekend. These tanks are still on their stands in case something happens and I need to set up a tank right away but I'll take them down completely by the end of the week. 

Today is Kobe's rest day. It seems like every other day he sleeps most of the day and today is that day. This dog use to be the energizer bunny but not anymore now that he's old. He still wants to be around and he is still eating well so I'll continue doing what I am doing with him.

That's all I have for now because it's time to eat dinner. I am having some baked pork chops and red beans and rice.

Have a great evening and I'll check in tomorrow morning before I go to the the endocrine doctor in the morning.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Kobi, Big Head, and Barb's cats.  Old age take a toll on our animal friends earlier than it take it's toll on us.  It breaks our hearts but we keep on needing another pet to love.
Always move forward. Never look back.