• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 12:55:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 810
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 811
Total: 811

Thursday

Started by Ron Sower, April 27, 2023, 11:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hi all...!

Been busy last couple days...odds and ends, errands, last bingo night was Tuesday, some long needed time in the fishroom, trip to and from my fish supply guy, a customer maintenance trip, and a little socializing...

The blue diamonds are getting nudged around by the entrenched "old guard" melons and pigeon bloods...however, not enough for me to think they're in serious danger...they'll work it out!...

I got some more shell dwellers on Tuesday, a whole colony...I just got rid of the brevis a couple months ago and never redid the 20L they were in... so these became available and I got them...that tank has a lot of Val in it along with all the escargot shells...

Barb, I used to have a bottom filter in my back deck pond when we lived in Tacoma...they're a handful to get out and clean the sludge...don't break your back...it seems to me that your little turtle has moved on :( 

Our weather is moving on toward summer temps now...mid-90s til Sunday when some  stations here forecast our first 100 of this year...I guess I should have done more of the outside window and door painting last week!!!...

Lucy has a card class today at 10:30...I'll do a WC or 2 during that time...

Hey Willie, those morning walks are good for the 2 of you....keep on! |^|

Okay... I'm no longer MIA...NOW, Where's Liz?...

Good day all!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hi Ron and everyone. We have a pretty cool and cloudy day here with our high temp only getting up to 63 degrees. We are currently at 56F but at least there is no wind blowing.

I've been playing around in the fishroom and over the last couple of weeks I quietly took down 4 tanks. I'm am hopefully going to have less 10 tanks running by the beginning of summer. I think I'll eventually end up with three 75s, two 55s and two 40 breeders. I just have too many things I want to do besides fishroom work.

I really like my Discus and my aging Altums have gotten too old to sell so they have a home here but I hope to get rid of a lot of other fish during the upcoming auction.

I am supposed to go up to NYC next weekend for my granddaughter's 10th birthday party but with Kobe being sick and my back issues I don't think it is a wise thing for me to do.

I would end up kenneling Kobe and that did not go well at all last time and if my back goes out I may have to stay up in NYC for a while. That's not going to work.

I have a week to make my final decision but at this time I really don't want to go. A year ago I would've gone up to NYC in the morning and come back later that evening but I'm not up for that at this time.

That's it for me now.

Have a great day everyone. I'll check on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

I'm with you as far as nixing the NY trip, Willie...we love our grands, but maybe it's better for them to visit you these days...

As far as taking down tanks, I've thought about that too, but then I find other fish i want to keep for awhile... and my fish customers enjoy coming here and chatting...

Where's Liz?.. I'd call her but it's too late tonight...if no one has called her and reported by the time I log on here in the morning, I'm going to chk on her...

Hope y'all are sleeping well right now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron