• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 06:40:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 621
Total: 621

8 days!

Started by Owl307, December 26, 2013, 03:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owl307

Well.. Got some bad news :'( my favorite angel from Jon jumped out of the tank  :'( he had so much personality and was one of a kind. Plus he was pairing up with another angel *sigh* so that ruined my day aftermarket Christmas.I believe he jumped out of the tank due to the pair I was planning on moving within the next 3 days.  I don't blame the pair for chasing him as he would've been a major threat to a spawn but they could've warned me and I would have moved them sooner! They showed no interest in spawning yesterday what so ever. Either way they were only doing what nature intended and that's to protect their young so all is ok. It's been 8 days since their last spawn and *cough cough* they are just about at it again! I expect them to lay sometime this afternoon through early morning tomorrow. With the force Flame is cleaning the slates I wouldn't be surprised if she knocked them over! Tubes are fully lowered. So in the idea I might loose another angel to this pair I quickly threw together the tank I was working on and added water from the 65 and added the 2 extra angels. WOA! First pass going on right now as I type! So they have a 65g all alone with 2 plecs. I know the pelvis are a threat and I will get them a more proper set up once they are done with the spawn.
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Owl307

2nd and 3rd pass!!! She's got me completely confused as she's made passes on 2 of 3 slates they are cleaning lol!! No eggs yet but I'm sure there will be some soon!

LizStreithorst

Condolences and congrats.  Best of luck with the new spawn.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

LOL,,,you gave her too many choices... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Owl307

We'll all bets are off I returned home to find the tank lights off and an unfinished spawn, more than likely not fully fertilized. I just kept the lights off, I'm sure there will be plenty more chances where that came from! We learn from our mistakes  ::) hey maybe there will even be some eggs there tomorrow! Now if only we dear angel hadn't jumped out of the tank all would be well :-\

wiggs

Hey Owl, Was that Henry? The one with the black on his tail? Your right he was a very pretty fish, Sorry that you lost him.
Jan

Owl307

Quote from: wiggs on December 27, 2013, 04:02:34 AM
Hey Owl, Was that Henry? The one with the black on his tail? Your right he was a very pretty fish, Sorry that you lost him.

I'm sure glad it wasn't! (Albert lol) but he looked awfully similar and was the meanest fish in the tank. It was a real surprise when I realized he was missing..