• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 09:03:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 591
Total: 591

WedNESday coffee moment

Started by Mugwump, March 14, 2018, 05:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Good morn'n all.....the coffee is great  |^|....MMmmmmm

..a cold 21degs now and supposed to be headed to the middle 40's.....cloudy and windy tho....

Some fish room things to tinker with, and an errand up to feed Kasey's fish.....haven't checked the calendar yet tho....

need more coffee.....brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2 coming up.....better find your cups....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good coffee this morning. Still is cold and windy here. Leftovers from the Nor'easter that missed us. The cold and wind swooped in from Canada as the Nor'easter made its way up the coast. Where is Spring? According to my allergies it should be here already.

More work downstairs today. Didn't get to do WCs yesterday because I spent the day deep cleaning some HOB filters that were not operating as efficiently as they should have been. Today more of the same plus I am waiting for refrigerator (LG) repair guy to come and fix my 11 month old fridge that went on the fritz Monday morning.

The don't make appliances like they used to. My GE fridge went out several times in the couple of years I had it. 

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Morn'n Willie.......

..I remember my folks having appliances last forever.....my sister Jane still has Mom's old chest freezer circa 1950's.....it just purr's along....only needs a periodic defrost.... |^|
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 14, 2018, 07:30:31 AM
Good coffee this morning. Still is cold and windy here. Leftovers from the Nor'easter that missed us. The cold and wind swooped in from Canada as the Nor'easter made its way up the coast. Where is Spring? According to my allergies it should be here already.

More work downstairs today. Didn't get to do WCs yesterday because I spent the day deep cleaning some HOB filters that were not operating as efficiently as they should have been. Today more of the same plus I am waiting for refrigerator (LG) repair guy to come and fix my 11 month old fridge that went on the fritz Monday morning.

The don't make appliances like they used to. My GE fridge went out several times in the couple of years I had it.

Hate that name (LG).  Bought a dehumidifier once. It either leaked on the floor or filled up and stopped.  I had the hose hooked up for continuous operation.  Contacted them to try to find out how to correct it.  The response I got was "Sorry your unit is out of warranty" and I only had it for about two weeks.  I will never buy anything with the LG name on it again.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

wsantia1

Quote from: waterboy on March 14, 2018, 09:17:56 AM

Hate that name (LG).  Bought a dehumidifier once. It either leaked on the floor or filled up and stopped.  I had the hose hooked up for continuous operation.  Contacted them to try to find out how to correct it.  The response I got was "Sorry your unit is out of warranty" and I only had it for about two weeks.  I will never buy anything with the LG name on it again.

First time I've tried LG but my last refrigerator was a GE that I bought because it was supposed to be American made and it was worse. The technician told me that a lot of GEs were foriegn made including mine. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 14, 2018, 01:24:51 PM
Quote from: waterboy on March 14, 2018, 09:17:56 AM

First time I've tried LG but my last refrigerator was a GE that I bought because it was supposed to be American made and it was worse. The technician told me that a lot of GEs were foriegn made including mine. huh

..ours is a Whirlpool.....and we love it.. |^|
Jon

wallace

We bought a Maytag fridge and dryer in 1985 and they are still going. The dryer has gotten super duper noisy. I need to order some parts to shut the thing up.......its easy to work on dryers.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on March 14, 2018, 05:48:53 PM
We bought a Maytag fridge and dryer in 1985 and they are still going. The dryer has gotten super duper noisy. I need to order some parts to shut the thing up.......its easy to work on dryers.

...we just had out old dryer fixed for that.....it's the drum gasket shim pieces... |^|....and best to get a new belt while you've got it apart  ;)
Jon

wallace

*drum gasket shim pieces*.. (taking notes)

I replaced the belt and a few other parts last year and that sqwauking noise is still there
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on March 14, 2018, 07:07:45 PM
*drum gasket shim pieces*.. (taking notes)

I replaced the belt and a few other parts last year and that sqwauking noise is still there

...there's a gasket that goes around the front of the drum.....it rides on plastic glides under the top part of that gasket
Jon