• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 03:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 582
Total: 582

New food ideas??

Started by Mugwump, October 17, 2012, 06:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

How about a snackable cookie that we can eat, and then share some with the fish...LOL...kidd'n....

It's remarkable what you've done with the 'Frenzy' line itself.....all the varieties...I can't even remember em all.....that's the first thing that I look for at your swap table....what's the 'mad' food scientist got now....LOL....I think that I've tried em all....even the 'egg-foo-yung'....creative genius at work.... .....great stuff..

that being said.....just for grins, could you color the pellets?red/orange?....  and do an angel/discus/cichlid type food....or are the pellets already made with that in mind?...I know my larger angels try to snack on em when I toss em in.....

( I put it down here to continue the subject)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

LOL  I did try a cookie type food. I called them Cory-Os. Out of production due to the huge labor intensity.

There's no coloring added to any of the foods. The green ones are green because of the algae and sea weed content. Maybe I could try a Red - Green combination. Hmmm. . . . . . I could use natural ingredients for red color . . . . . .  Gotta call it something besides "Red - Green" though so I don't get sued for copyright infringing. LOL again.

Beef Heart Frenzy was created to condition all types of cichlids. Mostly Angels and Discus. I keep a few Honduran Red Points around to experiment with. They eat all the pellets and Frenzy varieties.

Mugwump

"Cory-O's"......LOL....I like it...thanks for the reply....and yes, almost all the frenzy and pellets get eaten here by somebody here...(not me :o)....it's an aptly named product, that's for sure....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I'm working with the "Red - Green" idea.

Rjb3

Okay, a little of the red coating comes off on your hand when you feed it. So, if you don't mind red hands, it's a done deal. The red coating has huge amounts of beta-carotene and vitamin A. I can try to perfect the recipe to make the coating stick, but for now the fish are going nuts for it. Maybe I should leave it alone.

When I first showed it to my wife she asked what the red stuff was. I said " It's a long story".

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 18, 2012, 07:56:58 PM
Okay, a little of the red coating comes off on your hand when you feed it. So, if you don't mind red hands, it's a done deal. The red coating has huge amounts of beta-carotene and vitamin A. I can try to perfect the recipe to make the coating stick, but for now the fish are going nuts for it. Maybe I should leave it alone.

When I first showed it to my wife she asked what the red stuff was. I said " It's a long story".

LOL............I can live with red hands........LOL....
Jon

Rjb3

I'll hook you up with some next time I see ya.

JR

Sorry to say I have never used your foods. Did not know about them. What do you have that is good for my Cory
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Great, I'll give it a test run....
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on October 18, 2012, 08:16:29 PM
Sorry to say I have never used your foods. Did not know about them. What do you have that is good for my Cory

"FRENZY"........LOL...great stuff...and the pellets too...
Jon

Rjb3

b125killer

Do you have a earth worm flake? My fish go nuts for earth worm
Scott

Rjb3

Sorry, no. Just the mixed flake and Veggie flake.

Rjb3

And it begins . . . . . . I sent the first Red(ish) Green sample out yesterday.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 21, 2012, 06:20:54 AM
And it begins . . . . . . I sent the first Red(ish) Green sample out yesterday.

Can't wait to see it.....
Jon