• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 01:59:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 596
Total: 596

Methionine

Started by Rjb3, February 01, 2013, 04:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

Did you know Duck eggs have twice the methionine as Chicken eggs? A lot more Omega 3 fatty acids, too. Now, I have a local supplier of Duck eggs and my "Egg Foo Young" will be even better. I'm excited.

LizStreithorst

I heard that they have a different flavor than the chicken eggs that we're used to.  Is that true?
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Yes its very true.  We used to have chickens and ducks. My husband tried to eat a duck egg and couldn't finish it. I refused to try it after that.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

I don't eat the duck eggs here. We have a breeding group of muscovies. But my wife bakes with them. 1 duck egg is the same as 2 chicken eggs

Rjb3

Well, "Duck Egg Foo Young" just went in all my tanks and they are going nuts. ( So am I ) 40% protein, 20% fat. This stuff has huge amounts of : B-12, A, D, E, and K vitamins. A double dose of methionine and huge amounts of all the essential and most non-essential amino acids. That's 18 amino acids-the building blocks of protein. You want all amino acids in your food, not just a few. This formula contains high quantities of Omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. The color boosters are in there too.

Looks like I'll have another new food for the GCCA swap. This mad scientist thing is pretty cool. LOL

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on February 03, 2013, 07:21:56 AM
Looks like I'll have another new food for the GCCA swap. This mad scientist thing is pretty cool. LOL

Keep it up Igor !!....LOL.....I hope you bring a few samples??.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I made up three pounds for the swap.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on February 04, 2013, 08:14:33 PM
I made up three pounds for the swap.

Igor, back to the laboratory....hurry the storm is approaching.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Gale was at a book convention in Chicago over the week end. I was home making fish food. Lots of it. Got a bunch of Alpha-Blitz made up, too.