• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 05:15:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 597
Total: 597

Water changes done........

Started by Mugwump, April 07, 2014, 06:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...did the deep gravel clean on the tanks today, and big water changes at the same time....moved/separated some of the Koi/Sunset fry over to another tank...didn't even put a dent in the population... ;D....I'll have to move more...maybe two more tanks will be needed...?...lotsa fry there....of course, it set off some pairs, not sure about the cory's yet tho...but possibly them too...?

Now I need to clean the HOT mag's and set up the Diatom filters ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...Ya know that you've been working in the fish room, when you take a shower and you see duckweed going down the drain.........geez Louise    ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

You must have gotten real deep into those tanks. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on April 07, 2014, 06:48:30 PM
...Ya know that you've been working in the fish room, when you take a shower and you see duckweed going down the drain.........geez Louise    ;D

;D ;D  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 07, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

you betcha....up to the arm pits+++.... ;D....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 07, 2014, 07:36:41 PM

A few of them you could have climbed in. ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 07, 2014, 07:42:38 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 07, 2014, 07:36:41 PM

A few of them you could have climbed in. ;D

True ..LOL....you should see the PB's, Pinoy's, Pariaba's in the 125 now ;D....there's a PB Leopard veil in there that's a stunner.....some awesome Pinoy's and Pariaba's too.....growing very well... ;D....soon the action will start too.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

wsantia1

I need to come up with an efficient way to do them here.  My faucets won't connect to the python so I am with the going bucket brigade today.

Good thing I only have a couple of tanks up right now. I will have a few more going in a couple of weeks so I need to come up with a better plan. :o ???
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 08, 2014, 09:55:16 AM
I need to come up with an efficient way to do them here.  My faucets won't connect to the python so I am with the going bucket brigade today.

Good thing I only have a couple of tanks up right now. I will have a few more going in a couple of weeks so I need to come up with a better plan. :o ???

If they're threaded, you can get an adapter to put on when doing water changes...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 08, 2014, 12:17:38 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 08, 2014, 09:55:16 AM

If they're threaded, you can get an adapter to put on when doing water changes...

They are not threaded. That was the first thing I checked.  There's always the shower head.  I can take that off and attach a hose there.  For now it was not bad. ;D
Willie

BillT

QuoteThere's always the shower head.

There are things sold (Home Depot, Lowes; shower department) for showers that allow you to have a branched and valved connector between the source of water and the shower head. We did this when we had babies and had a large low pressure shower head on a flexible hose. We could switch between the normal shower hear and the hose. These are easy to install.

wsantia1

Quote from: BillT on April 08, 2014, 02:09:38 PM
QuoteThere's always the shower head.

There are things sold (Home Depot, Lowes; shower department) for showers that allow you to have a branched and valved connector between the source of water and the shower head. We did this when we had babies and had a large low pressure shower head on a flexible hose. We could switch between the normal shower hear and the hose. These are easy to install.

Thanks for that info Bill.  I think think I'll do something along those lines and then it problem solved.  LOL  ;D ;D ;D
Willie