• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 07:33:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,348
  • Total Topics: 18,542
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 760
Total: 760

Shipped fish

Started by LizStreithorst, November 03, 2014, 06:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I sent off three boxes today and will be on pins and needles until I hear from their new owners.  I hate shipping but it's a necessary evil.  You get money from it and it spreads the fish you're most proud of around.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I think everything will go fine.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

I shipped some yesterday too,used 2 heat packs which i have never done before,hope they don't get too hot.

Mugwump

I shipped a box down to Texas....with (1) 60hr, and a 72 hr, heat pack.....but I did box in a box...heat packs taped to the outer box walls ...heats the box, and doesn't overheat the fish.....overnight lows went from 30's up here, to 40's down there.....day time highs....50's here, about 70 there.....
worked well...box was still warm... ;D

if I ship during the winter, then I'll add a heat pack to the styro too.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Mine made it ok,to Norfolk VA.
Buyer said they are amazing,i like to hear that. :) 

LizStreithorst

I have one delighted customer.  The other two are waiting and hoping for the best.  One box was on them.  2 others are a day late >:(

LizStreithorst

Celebration time!  All fish arrived alive ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 06, 2014, 06:39:01 AM
I have one delighted customer.  The other two are waiting and hoping for the best.  One box was on them.  2 others are a day late >:(

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 06, 2014, 03:09:39 PM
Celebration time!  All fish arrived alive ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 06, 2014, 06:39:01 AM

Congrat's.....now you can relax... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

That's good news Liz.  What a relief.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

I was really worried about the pair because 3 days is a long time, and it was such a nice pair.  But he said the fish were happy and active right out of the bags.

Mugwump

Josh must be tickled .... ;D
Jon