• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 08:31:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 330
Total: 330

Philippine Blue Zebra Pearlscales

Started by GeorgeG, February 20, 2016, 05:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeG

Anyone know where I can get for my friend some Philippine Blue Zebra Pearlscales not related to the Angelmania line.

Thanks
George

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on February 20, 2016, 05:32:03 PM
Anyone know where I can get for my friend some Philippine Blue Zebra Pearlscales not related to the Angelmania line.

Thanks
George

LOL.....nothing here is related to his lines...trust me.... ;D.....but at the moment...no pb zebras....Liz may have one that popped from her stock??...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I may have but I don't think so.  I'm done with the fish room tonight.  I'll take a close look in the morning and let you know. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

GeorgeG

Thanks he is looking for 8-12 of them.

I wonder if he would want to go through the trouble of creating his own line but I am not a genectics person to tell him how. Can anyone tell me please.

ghonk

Mike Gibbs might have some,lot  of pearls going on in his stock.

GeorgeG

GeorgeG

So if I told my friend to look for the Zebra Pearlscle and Blue silver pearlscale to grow them out he will end up with Zebra Pearlscales, My question is will the blue show up

Parents

+/+,Z/Z,+/+,+/+,+/+,+/+,p/p,+/+,+/+

Zebra pearlscale

Dam

+/+,+/+,+/+,+/+,+/+,+/+,p/p,+/+,pb/pb

Blue silver pearlscale

Progeny:

Genotypes    Phenotypes   %
+/+,Z/+,+/+,+/+, +/+, +/+,p/p,+/+,pb/+   Zebra pearlscale   100%

Phenotypes   %
Zebra pearlscale    100 %

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on February 20, 2016, 06:36:08 PM
Thanks he is looking for 8-12 of them.

I wonder if he would want to go through the trouble of creating his own line but I am not a genectics person to tell him how. Can anyone tell me please.

Zebra is a dominate gene,expressing in single dose, and double dose.....Z/+ and Z/Z....PB is a recessive gen, meaning it takes two doses/copies of the gene to express...Pearl is recessive, also..meaning two copies/doses to express.....so he'll need a Zebra angel crossed to anything with a pearl gene expressing to start....say a Zebra and a  blue (Silver) pearl....  yielding some  Z/+ X +/+ p/+ pb/+ angels.....do a sibling cross..you should get maybe 15%- 20% Blue Zebra pearls....

If he had to start from scratch....he'd have a headache....it will not be an easy road....

yes, Mike has some great blues....but I don't recall any blue zebra pearls......if not?...try checking with Dacyums on Aquabid....he has a lot of blue pearl stock too....you can mssg him there too...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on February 20, 2016, 07:00:35 PM
So if I told my friend to look for the Zebra Pearlscle and Blue silver pearlscale to grow them out he will end up with Zebra Pearlscales, My question is will the blue show up

Parents

+/+,Z/Z,+/+,+/+,+/+,+/+,p/p,+/+,+/+

Zebra pearlscale

Dam

+/+,+/+,+/+,+/+,+/+,+/+,p/p,+/+,pb/pb

Blue silver pearlscale

Progeny:

Genotypes    Phenotypes   %
+/+,Z/+,+/+,+/+, +/+, +/+,p/p,+/+,pb/+   Zebra pearlscale   100%

Phenotypes   %
Zebra pearlscale    100 %

no it will not..they'll all be 'het' for pb.....but a sibling cross will produce them... ;D
Jon

GeorgeG

Thanks see using a genectics calculator is not easy for me to come up with the right combonation.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on February 20, 2016, 07:08:03 PM
Thanks see using a genectics calculator is not easy for me to come up with the right combonation.

just remember that with recessive genes...they need to copies to express.....example, so if one parent has two copies pb/pb....and the other doesn't carry any pb.....each parent contributes one copy of each gene to the fry.....so the fry, in this case only receive one dose/copy of pb....so they are 'Het' for pb and will not express blue...

>>>>>>>>>>>>
Ten active loci at this time..

1) Dark, Marble, gold Marble, gold
2) Zebra, Stripless
3) Smokey
4) Half Black
5) Albino
6) Blue
7) Veil
8) Pearlscale
9) Streaked
10) Philippine Blue

Dark (D) incomplete dominant, Gold (g) recessive and Marble (M) incomplete dominant

Dominate genes are indicated with a capitol letter and the first in the bracket. ex: Stripless - Ghost: S/+ Generally dominate genes express with heterozygous traits.

Recessive genes are indicated with a lower case letter and are second in the bracket. ex: Albino (het) +/a Generally recessive genes do not express in heterozygous form, only in homozygous form.

Heterozygous: One gene (het)

Homozygous: two genes

Some genes do not show unless the fish is homozygous for the gene
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This can also be found here, it's among the 'pinned' threads above....(click Angelfish)
http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com//index.php?topic=130.0

or click for more topics pinned here..

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com//index.php?board=13.0
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

GeorgeG

LizStreithorst

George, I have only one fish that might suit his needs.  It's a pre-breeder.  There is a chance that some may show up in a spawn I'm growing out now.  The fry are only a few weeks old, but it's a sib to sib breeding from my best Zebra HB male to a Blue Silver female.  The blue is locked in.  It's a guess as to whether PS will show up.  I have the PS gene in my HB's  It may show up if granddad carries the gene.
Always move forward. Never look back.

GeorgeG