• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 10:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 321
Total: 321

Angels

Started by JR, December 26, 2014, 07:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

I saved these angels last month. A guy had them that had never did a water change it looked like pea soup. He did not know what they are. I don't know myself. The female is a pearl scale. They have only been in this tank for 4 days and have already spawned. They are as mean as hell to all the other fish.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

JR

JR

I am not a very good pic taker lol

Mugwump

Very nice pair of Silvers....and yep, when they're spawning they protect their area very well.....just watch that it doesn't get out of hand.. ;D........gotta spare tank for them to use for next time??

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

I don't wont them to spawn. There is 3 of them in there the other one wont come out of hiding. I did not know they were a pair. have to put the female in a different tank or give her away.

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on December 26, 2014, 07:16:53 PM
I don't wont them to spawn. There is 3 of them in there the other one wont come out of hiding. I did not know they were a pair. have to put the female in a different tank or give her away.

better yet, get another female.... ;D   fry won't last long in there anyway...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Jon you have any females that would go good with them. I am going to get more plants in there this weekend

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on December 26, 2014, 07:57:30 PM
Jon you have any females that would go good with them. I am going to get more plants in there this weekend

I just might have a 'juvie' female from the Sta Isabel/Rio Negro crosses....that would be an excellent match for one of those silvers...........not far from spawning age either....and possibly a female off another line....how bigs the tank??

...Let me look in the morning.....I know that I have a large 'bruiser' sized female, but she'd kick all there butts...she's very picky on spouses.....LOL... and she doesn't take prisoners either...LOL
Jon

JR

75gal The male is being real hard on every thing in the tank. Thats why more plants.

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on December 26, 2014, 08:29:44 PM
75gal The male is being real hard on every thing in the tank. Thats why more plants.

Yep, something larger in the middle can help block his sight line to the other side/end...yada yada.....even a temporary divider too helps cut his aggression down,,,,sounds like a real good, tight pair....excellent breeders...
Jon

PaulineMi

Your tank set up is really nice. Pretty angels too.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

That is a nice tank. Is that a 3D background? The angels  are pretty too.
Scott

JR

Scott that is a 3d Back ground.

b125killer

Did you make the background? I like the look of it.
Scott

JR