• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 05:41:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 329
Total: 330

Some Have Half Blacks....

Started by PaulineMi, January 04, 2014, 07:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

.....Is this a 1/4 Blue?   ::)   This one always makes me look twice when it swims by.  It's the one at the bottom of the pecking order, thus the faded bars.  But that blue section of it never fades.  This is a low light tank, nothing special to "pop" the colors. I wonder what that blue would do if the bars expressed? The Pristella tetras even look fascinated.  Lol.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Wow, that's gorgeous...and very different. It's odd sometimes the patterns that'll turn up on our fish....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Very nice Angel Pauline and as usual great picture. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Thanks Dennis, Jon and Willie.

This angel is one of the Rio Negro/Sta Isabel from you Jon.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Really....I'll have to take another looksie at the next off spring then....My guess is that it's from the Rio Negro's....I've seen some flash's of color, but nothing like that.....HMmmmmm...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That's a very cool looking fish, Pauline.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Thanks Liz.  These guys are young even though a pair of this one's siblings has spawned. I'd love to see it pair up with a tankmate so I could determine its sex.  Those Dantums may just have to be put to use......if I decide to raise a spawn....when I rearrange the fishroom.....that hubby thinks will afford more space for general storage..... ::)

LizStreithorst

More storage space is not needed.  Do as I do and store excess fish stuff in every available space.  What's needed is more tanks!

ilroost

LizStreithorst

judging from the underline, the fish is a female.

lanieree

I too think that the flash comes from the rio negro, I have some rio negro crosses that are probably about  a year old, the zebra types express  alot of the glitter/flash and other siblings lacking the full bars did not.. it didn't start to express til they were probably about 6 mos old?? But.. I think there was a single blue gene in there too...If memory serves me..??  THE MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE :D :D

Mugwump

Quote from: lanieree on January 06, 2014, 09:57:11 PM
I too think that the flash comes from the rio negro, I have some rio negro crosses that are probably about  a year old, the zebra types express  alot of the glitter/flash and other siblings lacking the full bars did not.. it didn't start to express til they were probably about 6 mos old?? But.. I think there was a single blue gene in there too...If memory serves me..??  THE MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE :D :D

Bingo....Neil used a Rio Negro X PB Silver ghost cross female to make the cross to the Sta Isabel...One of the fry's parents(male), here, looks to be Sta Isabel, the other Rio Negro(female).....no doubt that a very few will might carry the PB.....

The original Male was Ken Kennedy's...sent to Neil Oyama for the Rio Negro cross...my pair are F1's from that pairing.....via Joel ....
Jon

b125killer

That's a nice pic, She is a pretty angel. How is Joel? Is he still breeding?
Scott

Mugwump

Talked to Joel the other day. He's fine and starting to get going again. He'll be dropping down for some stock. I'll let you know, you can pop down and we'll chat a bit.... ;D.. Life got in the way of his fish for a bit....things are settling down now.
Jon