• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 10:12:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

EIAA Summer Seminar

Started by Rjb3, May 23, 2015, 04:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Sounds like a great time Bob.  Rather crappy website they have there.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 24, 2015, 12:15:15 PM
Sounds like a great time Bob.  Rather crappy website they have there.....

Dennis

..didn't seem too bad, Dennis.....what stands out to you as needing work??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on May 24, 2015, 12:49:00 PM
..didn't seem too bad, Dennis.....what stands out to you as needing work??

Well looking at it with Firefox;

1)  The "Like Me!" "Like Me!" button covers up the text on the left.
2)  The text runs off the page on the right

If you go to the Home Page, the Like Me! is Okay but the yellow text runs off the black page background onto a white background and is unreadable.....  If it was 1999, I'd give them a break, but it's not and this is just shoddy work.  I hope they had a volunteer within the club and didn't pay for this.

Dennis

Mugwump

I'm looking at it with Firefox too....I don't see any of those issues that you've pointed out......??   
Jon

wsantia1

I don't see any of that either Dennis.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

You guys must have better eyes than me, or rather your font size is smaller.  If I shrink mine down, the text craws back on the page where it should be.

I didn't look at the code to see where the problem is, but just off the top I'd say the page elements have set widths rather than percentages that will scale to the view port.

Looks to be hosted on GoDaddy and the site was created with their, (Go Daddy), website builder app.....  https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/website-builder.aspx

Dennis

wsantia1

I am looking at it on a 27 inch monitor but I also have it scaled to 165%.  I'll look at it on my laptop later on.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

I'm happy for the speaking invitation.

The Atlanta Area Aquarium Association asked if I was busy for their August meeting, but then they didn't say any more about it. I see the date is still open.

I never turn down a speaker invite.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 24, 2015, 04:21:47 PM
I am looking at it on a 27 inch monitor but I also have it scaled to 165%.  I'll look at it on my laptop later on.

I'm viewing on my 24" monitor.....no special scaling...
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 24, 2015, 04:29:23 PM
I'm happy for the speaking invitation.

The Atlanta Area Aquarium Association asked if I was busy for their August meeting, but then they didn't say any more about it. I see the date is still open.

I never turn down a speaker invite.

Our August date is open as well Bob.  If you'd like I'll throw your name out at the board meeting on the 30th.

I always like the nutrition talks.  Last one we had was Allen Repashy 2 or 3 years ago.....

Dennis

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on May 24, 2015, 04:36:31 PM

Even though it's not responsive, it should still keep the text on the page when scaled up or down.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 24, 2015, 05:17:38 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 24, 2015, 04:36:31 PM

Even though it's not responsive, it should still keep the text on the page when scaled up or down.....

Dennis

Did you screen 'centering' get moved out of adjustment??....left/ right???
Jon

BallAquatics

Yeah, it does on that site.

SMF is not responsive either, but if you press the control key and the + key together on this site, the text gets bigger but it doesn't move off the page.  That's how it is supposed to work.

Dennis