• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 12:43:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 532
Total: 532

Monday coffee===yup..

Started by Mugwump, January 25, 2016, 06:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...what a good cup of coffee...MMmmm   here goes another week....charge !!!

a bit warmer this week... ;D...better yet, it'll be a warmer sunny swap weekend coming up.....well, they say so now anyway |^|

..time to check the gear, clean up the tanks, etc....nothing like getting to the swap and finding you forgot a net, or something, else....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Well it is a new week and the coffee is excellent. Now if I can find my way out of this igloo and into civilization all will be well.  huh

I have to go out and get some shipping boxes as I think Regional C boxes are now extinct. I wonder if I can use the round wrapping paper on the leftover boxes bit I seem to recall the PO doesn't really want you to do that.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 25, 2016, 07:01:26 AM
Well it is a new week and the coffee is excellent. Now if I can find my way out of this igloo and into civilization all will be well.  huh

I have to go out and get some shipping boxes as I think Regional C boxes are now extinct. I wonder if I can use the round wrapping paper on the leftover boxes bit I seem to recall the PO doesn't really want you to do that.

...ask em....I thought that I saw somewhere that they can be used, but not at commercial(business) rates
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Coffee: check

Swap meet stuff for Chicago: Um, I need to work on making and packing some more food. Need to make FRENZY Super-Max. Got two new ones nobody knows about, yet.
                                               Ooops, they do now.

Cincinnati swap: Signed up. Road trip. Hopefully, I'll need to restock after Chicago.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 25, 2016, 07:18:13 AM
Coffee: check

Swap meet stuff for Chicago: Um, I need to work on making and packing some more food. Need to make FRENZY Super-Max. Got two new ones nobody knows about, yet.
                                               Ooops, they do now.

Cincinnati swap: Signed up. Road trip. Hopefully, I'll need to restock after Chicago.

....'roadie'...........when is that one?.....plus the ACA will be there this summer, unfortunately the same weekend as NADA here in Chicago.....
Jon

Mugwump

"Now if I can find my way out of this igloo and into civilization all will be well."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL....this broke me up.... |^|..be careful out there...

Jon

LizStreithorst

It'll hit 65 here this afternoon.  I'll have to run in to the shop and turn down the heat.  I left both heaters cranked to the max when I left work Saturday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 25, 2016, 07:43:04 AM
The Cincinnati swap is Feb 13th. It's actually in Loveland, OH.

http://www.gcas.org/threads/20997-SWAP-MEET-2016-Saturday-Feb-13-The-Oasis-Conference-Center

....nice..between Cin and Dayton....perhaps you'll run into JR and Dennis...?....don't forget pics?
Jon

Rjb3

Dennis is a vendor. Not sure if JR is going to attend.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 25, 2016, 08:34:57 AM
Dennis is a vendor. Not sure if JR is going to attend.

Great !!.... |^|...I hope JR makes it too...
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 25, 2016, 08:02:04 AM
It'll hit 65 here this afternoon.  I'll have to run in to the shop and turn down the heat.  I left both heaters cranked to the max when I left work Saturday.

How warm do those heaters make it?.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

One's a hang on the wall gas heater the other is one of those oil filled electric ones.  Neither has a thermostat.  I have them both set on high which makes it warm enough when it's cold but the rooms will cook at 60 degrees.  I need to turn them down to low medium.  That way it will be tolerable when I get to work in the morning.

LizStreithorst

Chores done.  I didn't have to turn down the heaters at the shop after all.  This old uninsulated building I'm in must take a while to warm up after a cold night.  I didn't waste the trip, though.  I re-paid an electric bill that was returned as undeliverable.  I'd put it in the envelope backwards so the address couldn't be seen ::)  I picked up a couple of things I needed at the hardware store.  I visited Charlotte.  I tried not to but I was right there and couldn't help myself.

The guy who gets a kick out of me said that Chip told him the story about me buying her.  He said, "you got a good deal".  I said that I did but I've put a bundle in her with Chip and I'm putting a double bundle in her at their place.  He said. "But look what you have!"  I said, "I know.  Isn't she beautiful?"  He said that she will run like a top when I get her back.  I know that he's right, but still...she is not a classic.  She's just an old truck that will run perfectly and blows you away with her near pristine body that shines like she's new.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 25, 2016, 01:42:32 PM
Chores done.  I didn't have to turn down the heaters at the shop after all.  This old uninsulated building I'm in must take a while to warm up after a cold night.  I didn't waste the trip, though.  I re-paid an electric bill that was returned as undeliverable.  I'd put it in the envelope backwards so the address couldn't be seen ::)  I picked up a couple of things I needed at the hardware store.  I visited Charlotte.  I tried not to but I was right there and couldn't help myself.

The guy who gets a kick out of me said that Chip told him the story about me buying her.  He said, "you got a good deal".  I said that I did but I've put a bundle in her with Chip and I'm putting a double bundle in her at their place.  He said. "But look what you have!"  I said, "I know.  Isn't she beautiful?"  He said that she will run like a top when I get her back.  I know that he's right, but still...she is not a classic.  She's just an old truck that will run perfectly and blows you away with her near pristine body that shines like she's new.

but .....'Charlotte' is special... ;D |^|
Jon