• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 06:34:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 545
Total: 545

Sat. wake up coffee

Started by Mugwump, January 23, 2016, 06:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee is very good...MMmmmm.....almost didn't get up...LOL...the bed was so warm and comfortable.... 8)

It might hit 30 today  huh.....it's been gloomy with just peeks of the sun once in a while....blah..

It looks like that east coast storm came true.....ya ever get Kobe out there, Willie?....I remember shoveling a path, and an open space, for the girls to have a place to go.......do you even have a snow shovel anymore?....sell your snow blower??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 23, 2016, 06:36:33 AM
...coffee is very good...MMmmmm.....almost didn't get up...LOL...the bed was so warm and comfortable.... 8)

It might hit 30 today  huh.....it's been gloomy with just peeks of the sun once in a while....blah..

It looks like that east coast storm came true.....ya ever get Kobe out there, Willie?....I remember shoveling a path, and an open space, for the girls to have a place to go.......do you even have a snow shovel anymore?....sell your snow blower??

I have a shovel and I did make a path. I sold the snowblower before I moved back east because I was moving into an apartment. The real problem is the the vertical snow. Kobe wants no part of it.

I am waiting for the snow removers to come. They are two houses down but they ran out of gas. huh Their problem is that the city's snow plows came through and blocked the front of the driveways so they have clear that off first.

If I really needed to go somewhere I would get out but I am paying these suckers to do this stuff and a large part of me wants to see how well they do it. ::)

It's funny that I always seem to move into the house on the block that gets the most snow. It was the same thing when I lived in Norther Illinois. I have snow all over the place while one neighbor next to me hardy has any. huh

Oh, coffee was real good too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 23, 2016, 06:50:59 AM

I have a shovel and I did make a path. I sold the snowblower before I moved back east because I was moving into an apartment. The real problem is the the vertical snow. Kobe wants no part of it.

I am waiting for the snow removers to come. They are two houses down but they ran out of gas. huh Their problem is that the city's snow plows came through and blocked the front of the driveways so they have clear that off first.

If I really needed to go somewhere I would get out but I am paying these suckers to do this stuff and a large part of me wants to see how well they do it. ::)

It's funny that I always seem to move into the house on the block that gets the most snow. It was the same thing when I lived in Norther Illinois. I have snow all over the place while one neighbor next to me hardy has any. huh

I hope that they do an impeccable job  |^|......but figure they'll be pretty dang tired if they've been at it awhile....do they have a truck with plow?...if not, they sure need to invest in a couple....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2...MMMmmmm.....very good..... ;D  up and at 'em folks..it's Saturday !!

I need to go get a few more furnace filters....better start a list before I go tho....yup....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 23, 2016, 07:04:42 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 23, 2016, 06:50:59 AM

I hope that they do an impeccable job  |^|......but figure they'll be pretty dang tired if they've been at it awhile....do they have a truck with plow?...if not, they sure need to invest in a couple....

They are doing me now. They have a truck with a plow a at least 2 big snow blowers. They also have some shovelers. It won't be long now. mim

I have water changes today along with setting up at least one 55 this weekend. I really need to find a 120 or 125 somewhere soon. I have not figured out where I would put it yet. w!w

I also need to see if I can reassemble my laptop before I lose interest in that project. I am becoming very comfortable on my desktop again. |^|
Willie

Barb

Glad you at least have power Willie.  On the blazing hot, humid days of summer, this will be but a memory.  Hope they clear your street and driveway real soon.  Just cold and rain here, some wind too.  We won't see the sun for days they say.  Come on Spring...
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on January 23, 2016, 07:46:04 AM
Glad you at least have power Willie.  On the blazing hot, humid days of summer, this will be but a memory.  Hope they clear your street and driveway real soon.  Just cold and rain here, some wind too.  We won't see the sun for days they say.  Come on Spring...
Barb

Thanks Barb. The guys are working hard. The problem is that it is still snowing. They cleared the driveway but I see I may have to do some shoveling too. wfwf
Willie

Mugwump

...grab a few pics to share, Willie.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 23, 2016, 09:28:05 AM
...grab a few pics to share, Willie.... |^|

Here's a few. They don't do the storm any justice. It is worse than these pics indicate. For instance the reason why the cars have not snow is the 40 mph wind gust.
Willie

Mugwump

...looks like fun times......hunker down... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 23, 2016, 11:24:53 AM

In Ocean City N.J. the high tide caused ice water up into the streets. There was floating ice chunks in the streets. huh
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 23, 2016, 11:27:58 AM

In Ocean City N.J. the high tide caused ice water up into the streets. There was floating ice chunks in the streets. huh

While this is bad it doesn't compare to my last Winter in Northern Illinois (2013-2014). That's when I was snow blowing everyday and we had 18 straight days of below 0 temps. That was my worst Winter. mim
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 23, 2016, 11:50:41 AM

While this is bad it doesn't compare to my last Winter in Northern Illinois (2013-2014). That's when I was snow blowing everyday and we had 18 straight days of below 0 temps. That was my worst Winter. mim

What?....LOL....that was an easy one... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 23, 2016, 12:04:44 PM

That was my worst and I was there 8 years. lol. Remember I was trying to sell the house and the wind kept blowing the snow all over the place so I had to keep plowing back so people could get in to see the house.

You and Pauline kept telling me to take my butt back inside before I got frostbite. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 23, 2016, 12:13:08 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 23, 2016, 12:04:44 PM

That was my worst and I was there 8 years. lol. Remember I was trying to sell the house and the wind kept blowing the snow all over the place so I had to keep plowing back so people could get in to see the house.

You and Pauline kept telling me to take my butt back inside before I got frostbite. huh

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...yup
Jon