• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 06:12:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 534
Total: 534

Friday's great coffee...

Started by Mugwump, January 22, 2016, 06:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

My old rig is a single stage with (3) speeds....it does very well unless it's the real 'wet' stuff....then's when I wish it was two stage....yeppers....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 22, 2016, 07:10:58 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 06:36:32 AM
...coffee is very good this morn'n...delicious  |^|

another winter cold day...I think the errands are all done..so we'll just putz around the house  |^|

Willie get the candles ready just in case the power blips....we keep those 12hr emergency candles around...but we've got candles everywhere, even the fishroom... ;D....we like candle light.....you might cook early too.....that way you'll have plenty of leftovers to chow on....you can grab a cooler too, for having things handy without opening the fridge.....or if your garage is cold, you can store things there too ....this is when a simple Coleman camping stove can come in handy too...
If all goes well, you can just kick back and drink coffee, and watch it all go by..... |^|..

Well first off coffee is indeed delicious this morning. Even though it is only 17 degrees outside you can feel the calm before the storm. There is no wind what so ever.

I have my water in the garage and it is nice and cold. I will probably cook something early too but I am also going to get a big bucket of fried chicken from the Jewel (it's called Acme here but it is the same store). The one by me makes great fired chicken.

If worse comes to worse as far as cooking goes I can always sweep off the deck and fire up the grill. I also have a gas stove so if the power goes out I will still be able to use it.

I think if the power goes out food will be the last thing I will be thinking about. Depending on how long it's out I will lose a lot of fish. I have no generator. huh wfwf wfwf wfwf

Is it practical to up the tank temps to as high as tolerable, wrap and cover the tanks to buy time if power does go out?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 22, 2016, 08:15:03 AM

another winter cold day...I think the errands are all done..so we'll just putz around the house  |^|

Willie get the candles ready just in case the power blips....we keep those 12hr emergency candles around...but we've got candles everywhere, even the fishroom... ;D....we like candle light.....you might cook early too.....that way you'll have plenty of leftovers to chow on....you can grab a cooler too, for having things handy without opening the fridge.....or if your garage is cold, you can store things there too ....this is when a simple Coleman camping stove can come in handy too...
If all goes well, you can just kick back and drink coffee, and watch it all go by..... |^|..

Well first off coffee is indeed delicious this morning. Even though it is only 17 degrees outside you can feel the calm before the storm. There is no wind what so ever.

I have my water in the garage and it is nice and cold. I will probably cook something early too but I am also going to get a big bucket of fried chicken from the Jewel (it's called Acme here but it is the same store). The one by me makes great fired chicken.

If worse comes to worse as far as cooking goes I can always sweep off the deck and fire up the grill. I also have a gas stove so if the power goes out I will still be able to use it.

I think if the power goes out food will be the last thing I will be thinking about. Depending on how long it's out I will lose a lot of fish. I have no generator. huh wfwf wfwf wfwf

Is it practical to up the tank temps to as high as tolerable, wrap and cover the tanks to buy time if power does go out?

..and/or heat the room up...??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 08:18:05 AM

The temperature in my basement which is unheated stays around 72-73. I keep most of my tanks around 78.The heaters that I have that reach really high temps are already in use. I think the fish will be fine if the water temp gradually drops down to that temp. If it is a long term thing then it will become a problem. I've got candles, lanterns flashlights and plenty of batteries too.  mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 22, 2016, 08:31:02 AM

The temperature in my basement which is unheated stays around 72-73. I keep most of my tanks around 78.The heaters that I have that reach really high temps are already in use. I think the fish will be fine if the water temp gradually drops down to that temp. If it is a long term thing then it will become a problem. I've got candles, lanterns flashlights and plenty of batteries too.  mim

...can ya tell that we're worried about ya...?  ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 08:44:40 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 22, 2016, 08:31:02 AM

...can ya tell that we're worried about ya...?  ;D

Yep. Thanks again everybody. Now I'm off to run the last of these errands. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

....just looked at the map again.....Dennis is in line for some serious snow too.......anyone heard from Barb yet, she's going to get it also....and Liz got the rains........ JR and Greydragon too.....Big b getting dumped on.....am I missing anybody?

Be safe out there folks
Jon

wsantia1

Willie

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 01:49:38 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 22, 2016, 01:43:21 PM
That orange lollipop is where I am. w!w

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/fullscreenmaps/Newark,DE,United-States/we-city-39.678,-75.762?iso=US&ocid=spartandhp&maptype=radar

LOL...oh joy......LOL....just watch it blow in....pop some tunes on...order a pizza, see if they deliver...LOL  w!w =;-) |^|

I ordered Pizza at 11:00 this morning. A whole N.Y. style pie with pepperoni. Had a slice with a bowl of chicken noodle soup from the deli for lunch. The pizza is now in the fridge. I can eat it cold of I need to. I also have fried chicken and cold cuts (turkey, ham, cheddar) and desserts. If I need to, I have a couple of beers too. I think I'll skip those since I'm on a diet. lol. All of my outside work is done. I have to walk Kobe but he loves the snow so that's no problem. mim
Willie

BallAquatics

Last time I checked, it's all staying south of me.   ;D ;D ;D

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 22, 2016, 01:56:53 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 01:49:38 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 22, 2016, 01:43:21 PM
That orange lollipop is where I am. w!w

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/fullscreenmaps/Newark,DE,United-States/we-city-39.678,-75.762?iso=US&ocid=spartandhp&maptype=radar

LOL...oh joy......LOL....just watch it blow in....pop some tunes on...order a pizza, see if they deliver...LOL  w!w =;-) |^|

I ordered Pizza at 11:00 this morning. A whole N.Y. style pie with pepperoni. Had a slice with a bowl of chicken noodle soup from the deli for lunch. The pizza is now in the fridge. I can eat it cold of I need to. I also have fried chicken and cold cuts (turkey, ham, cheddar) and desserts. If I need to, I have a couple of beers too. I think I'll skip those since I'm on a diet. lol. All of my outside work is done. I have to walk Kobe but he loves the snow so that's no problem. mim

..shoot ya got it all covered... |^|...I'm having lunch....PBJ w/strawberry preserves, potato chips, antipasto mix (olives are super), angel food cake slice, cold pizza, and a l'l Debbie choc cupcake...with a piece of sweet roll.....dang good....  w!w...wonder what else I can find in there ?.... 8)
Jon

Barb

Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 11:27:48 AM
....just looked at the map again.....Dennis is in line for some serious snow too.......anyone heard from Barb yet, she's going to get it also....and Liz got the rains........ JR and Greydragon too.....Big b getting dumped on.....am I missing anybody?

Be safe out there folks
\\

Thanks for asking Jon.  We are OK here, just 35 mi inland from the coast, all we will get, I hope, is rain, cold and some wind.  Tomorrow is iffy, we may get a bit of snow or ice, if the temp drops lower than they think it will.  We are using our new gas fireplace, and it is wonderful, if we lost power, my tanks are in the room with the fireplace and we all stay warm.  And I could still cook on our gas stove.  Never had gas until we moved here.  It is natural gas, not propane.  Good luck Willie!
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on January 22, 2016, 02:24:41 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 11:27:48 AM

Be safe out there folks
\\

Thanks for asking Jon.  We are OK here, just 35 mi inland from the coast, all we will get, I hope, is rain, cold and some wind.  Tomorrow is iffy, we may get a bit of snow or ice, if the temp drops lower than they think it will.  We are using our new gas fireplace, and it is wonderful, if we lost power, my tanks are in the room with the fireplace and we all stay warm.  And I could still cook on our gas stove.  Never had gas until we moved here.  It is natural gas, not propane.  Good luck Willie!
Barb

Thanks Barb. And good luck to you too.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

I think we're having sympathy snow here...?.....it's been trying all day...big flakes, small flakes..never hard...more heavy flurrie type......

Jon