• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 05:00:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 527
Total: 527

Friday's great coffee...

Started by Mugwump, January 22, 2016, 06:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee is very good this morn'n...delicious  |^|

another winter cold day...I think the errands are all done..so we'll just putz around the house  |^|

Willie get the candles ready just in case the power blips....we keep those 12hr emergency candles around...but we've got candles everywhere, even the fishroom... ;D....we like candle light.....you might cook early too.....that way you'll have plenty of leftovers to chow on....you can grab a cooler too, for having things handy without opening the fridge.....or if your garage is cold, you can store things there too ....this is when a simple Coleman camping stove can come in handy too...
If all goes well, you can just kick back and drink coffee, and watch it all go by..... |^|..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I reheated the last of yesterday coffee. Time to make a new pot.

Got my new snow blower. I hope I never need it.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 22, 2016, 06:42:43 AM
I reheated the last of yesterday coffee. Time to make a new pot.

Got my new snow blower. I hope I never need it.

Come on.....you know that your die'ng to try it out, huh?... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 22, 2016, 06:59:23 AM
She shines like a new penny. . . .

http://www.poulanpro.com/products/snow-throwers/pr241/

That looks like some machine.  And 6 forward speeds?  Can you jog and blow snow at the same time?   ::)

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 06:36:32 AM

another winter cold day...I think the errands are all done..so we'll just putz around the house  |^|

Willie get the candles ready just in case the power blips....we keep those 12hr emergency candles around...but we've got candles everywhere, even the fishroom... ;D....we like candle light.....you might cook early too.....that way you'll have plenty of leftovers to chow on....you can grab a cooler too, for having things handy without opening the fridge.....or if your garage is cold, you can store things there too ....this is when a simple Coleman camping stove can come in handy too...
If all goes well, you can just kick back and drink coffee, and watch it all go by..... |^|..

Well first off coffee is indeed delicious this morning. Even though it is only 17 degrees outside you can feel the calm before the storm. There is no wind what so ever.

I have my water in the garage and it is nice and cold. I will probably cook something early too but I am also going to get a big bucket of fried chicken from the Jewel (it's called Acme here but it is the same store). The one by me makes great fired chicken.

If worse comes to worse as far as cooking goes I can always sweep off the deck and fire up the grill. I also have a gas stove so if the power goes out I will still be able to use it.

I think if the power goes out food will be the last thing I will be thinking about. Depending on how long it's out I will lose a lot of fish. I have no generator. huh wfwf wfwf wfwf
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

The remote deflector and chute operations are pretty cool. No more cranking to move the chute. Flip a lever and poof! it changes from one side to the other, or anywhere in between, just that quick. Same with the deflector, one lever changes it instantly. That will be nice. If I ever need it . . . . . .

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 22, 2016, 07:10:58 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 06:36:32 AM

Well first off coffee is indeed delicious this morning. Even though it is only 17 degrees outside you can feel the calm before the storm. There is no wind what so ever.

I have my water in the garage and it is nice and cold. I will probably cook something early too but I am also going to get a big bucket of fried chicken from the Jewel (it's called Acme here but it is the same store). The one by me makes great fired chicken.

If worse comes to worse as far as cooking goes I can always sweep off the deck and fire up the grill. I also have a gas stove so if the power goes out I will still be able to use it.

I think if the power goes out food will be the last thing I will be thinking about. Depending on how long it's out I will lose a lot of fish. I have no generator. huh wfwf wfwf wfwf

....you can agitate the water with a ladle, or big cup......keep them covered to retain heat.....most fish can handle water in the 60's ok....you'll be fine..
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 07:20:51 AM
......keep them covered to retain heat.....

That's what I was thinking as well.  Water does a very good job of retaining it's heat.  Old blankets or rugs make good covers in a pinch.

Let's just hope the power doesn't go out.   |^|

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 22, 2016, 07:24:28 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 07:20:51 AM
......keep them covered to retain heat.....

That's what I was thinking as well.  Water does a very good job of retaining it's heat.  Old blankets or rugs make good covers in a pinch.

Let's just hope the power doesn't go out.   |^|

Dennis

Yes, it's better if it doesn't.... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

I want to hear more about those 6 forward speeds.  I've never owned a snow blower, but I just assumed they worked like Pop's Troybuit tiller.  It's got 2 speeds, one for working and one for traveling.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 22, 2016, 07:31:23 AM
I want to hear more about those 6 forward speeds.  I've never owned a snow blower, but I just assumed they worked like Pop's Troybuit tiller.  It's got 2 speeds, one for working and one for traveling.

Dennis

The speeds used will vary in the snow depth, and weight of the snow......travel'n fast in that deep heavy junk doesn't work well for long...even with the dual stage machines......but what Bob has will sure give it whirl.....LOL....
Jon

BallAquatics

Thanks Jon.  That makes sense.  Obviously you'd have to go slower in a foot of wet heavy snow compared to 6 inches of dry powdery snow.  I guess, 6 speeds just seemed excessive at first glance.   ???

Dennis

Rjb3

The old Bolens 824A had four speeds and I went as fast as I could. If it bogged, I would lift the handles and let the wheels spin a little. I'd only use a slower speed if the snow was heavy.

Don't know why the new one has so many gears. I'll put the gas and oil in it today ans see what happens. I had it delivered to the shop so I assembled it inside. That was nice to have heat.

The delivery driver still whined about a small amount of snow at the rear door of the shop.