• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 06:34:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 543
Total: 543

Thursday's coffee --->>>>>

Started by Mugwump, January 21, 2016, 06:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...what a great cup of coffee....MMmmmm.....it's so easy to sleep in this time of year when it's still dark out early in the morn'n... 8)

...Fish room things on tap today....water changes and some moving around...then maybe an errand, or two....the brutal cold has passed us for a few days, unfortunately it's headed toward Willie and Barb......I saw DC was shut down yesterday by the first part of the system arriving....cold and lots of snow for that area.....big time....batten the hatches.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is real good here. The storm doesn't hit me until tomorrow night. I still have some things to get but nothing major. I lived and worked in DC for 8 years before moving to Chicago. DC shuts down with 1 inch of snow. They are projecting up to 24 inches for them. it could be a disaster for sure. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 21, 2016, 06:31:38 AM
Coffee is real good here. The storm doesn't hit me until tomorrow night. I still have some things to get but nothing major. I lived and worked in DC for 8 years before moving to Chicago. DC shuts down with 1 inch of snow. They are projecting up to 24 inches for them. it could be a disaster for sure. huh

Yes, I read it was only about an inch...but high winds too, making for blizzard conditions....

I'd shop early before the nuts get out there....LOL

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Coffee's good.

The old snow blower busted a belt and I'm thinking it's very old and not worth replacing. So, Gale bought a new one. The delivery guy got to the house the other day while I was at work and said there was too much snow in the driveway and couldn't get the truck in. He also said he couldn't roll the dolly up the drive because of the snow. He didn't want to slip and hurt himself. Gale told him our snow blower was broken. He wanted to leave it at the end of the driveway. Mind you, we salted heavily and some blacktop patches were showing through. There might have been an inch or two here and there.

It's going to be delivered to the shop today. I'll assemble it inside and take it home in the new delivery van. BTW, my driveway couldn't be too full of snow. I get in and out in a Fiat 500 Pop. Maybe I should be delivering snow blowers.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 21, 2016, 07:03:41 AM
Coffee's good.

The old snow blower busted a belt and I'm thinking it's very old and not worth replacing. So, Gale bought a new one. The delivery guy got to the house the other day while I was at work and said there was too much snow in the driveway and couldn't get the truck in. He also said he couldn't roll the dolly up the drive because of the snow. He didn't want to slip and hurt himself. Gale told him our snow blower was broken. He wanted to leave it at the end of the driveway. Mind you, we salted heavily and some blacktop patches were showing through. There might have been an inch or two here and there.

It's going to be delivered to the shop today. I'll assemble it inside and take it home in the new delivery van. BTW, my driveway couldn't be too full of snow. I get in and out in a Fiat 500 Pop. Maybe I should be delivering snow blowers.

Companies have been cracking down on safety, and work injuries....unfortunately they must have left it to the driver's discretion.....some will do anything to get out of work tho...sheesh....
Jon

Mugwump

Pot #2......and even better than the 1st pot....MMMmmmmmm... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Heavy rains here today. Temps in mid 50s right now.

Coffee....good!

Remodel still going on...

Catching up on my membership duties for the club and newsletter stuff for the HOA today...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron