• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 06:09:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 334
Total: 335

No power

Started by JR, February 14, 2015, 06:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Have not had any power most of the day. Thank God for Generrators Have 3 of the kids family's here. There power is out also. DP&L said we may not see any power till Monday. Feel sorry for the folks with no power with wind they say -10 to -25 tonight. Checked on the homeless guy that stays in a garage down the street. He was out of Kerosene. We went and got him 10 gal. asked him if he wonted to stay with us he said no. Told him when he runs out of Kerosene. to come and get me.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on February 14, 2015, 06:38:16 PM
Have not had any power most of the day. Thank God for Generrators Have 3 of the kids family's here. There power is out also. DP&L said we may not see any power till Monday. Feel sorry for the folks with no power with wind they say -10 to -25 tonight. Checked on the homeless guy that stays in a garage down the street. He was out of Kerosene. We went and got him 10 gal. asked him if he wonted to stay with us he said no. Told him when he runs out of Kerosene. to come and get me.

Yes, it's going to get really ugly tonight....and thanks for caring about the homeless guy.. ;D    I hope he's not a vet too....that would suck...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

You are a kind soul JR.  Bless you.

I thought our power was going to go off this afternoon too.  The UPS's under my desk when nuts a couple of times, but have settled down now.

Dennis

JR

I don't know if he is a vet Jon. I will ask. This is his 2nd winter out there. I have tried to help him most of the time he tells me he is ok and want let me help. When it is this cold I check on him every few hours. I would say he is in his late 60s.

ilroost

Way to go JR. Thats awful nice of you

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on February 14, 2015, 10:13:49 PM
I don't know if he is a vet Jon. I will ask. This is his 2nd winter out there. I have tried to help him most of the time he tells me he is ok and want let me help. When it is this cold I check on him every few hours. I would say he is in his late 60s.

'Nam' vet........?   
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...get your power back yet??...hope so....
Jon

JR

No not yet. Had to fill the generators about 4am. Boy was it cold.

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on February 15, 2015, 08:29:00 AM
No not yet. Had to fill the generators about 4am. Boy was it cold.

Ouch !.....yes it's dang cold.....winds are dieing down now tho.....brrrrrr
Jon

b125killer

That suck JR. I hope your power is back on soon. And thanks for looking out for the homeless guy! It's nice to know there is still good people in this world.
Scott

JR

Power came back on about 5 am. James would not come over and stay with us. Jon he is a Nam vet 67 - 68. USMC. He wont let me help him. Told him I have friends that will find him a home. He said just let it be he don't need my help. I don't wont to push him away. I will see that he has food and stays warm. Maybe when he starts to trust me I can get him some help. He don't talk much and he is a very hard man. I feel so bad that I did not find out he was a vet sooner. I have let him done. But he would not talk to me for a long time. I did not know his name till yesterday he would not talk to me.

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on February 16, 2015, 06:07:07 AM
Power came back on about 5 am. James would not come over and stay with us. Jon he is a Nam vet 67 - 68. USMC. He wont let me help him. Told him I have friends that will find him a home. He said just let it be he don't need my help. I don't wont to push him away. I will see that he has food and stays warm. Maybe when he starts to trust me I can get him some help. He don't talk much and he is a very hard man. I feel so bad that I did not find out he was a vet sooner. I have let him done. But he would not talk to me for a long time. I did not know his name till yesterday he would not talk to me.

That age, plus his issues is what tipped me off..he was 67-68 ....I was 66-67...hard times in 'Nam' during those years, even the battle at Hue....and coming back home and not being treated very well just added to a soldiers burden..when you see him next.....tell him "Welcome Home" for me.....he'll understand....bless you Dennis.........
Jon