• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 02:49:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 334
Total: 334

Mike Beal

Started by JR, February 13, 2015, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Mike has shut down his Discus tanks. I am going up Monday to pick up a pair of Black Diamond Rays from him. How do you go from Discus to Sting Rays
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Ron Sower

We just had Jennifer Reynolds, formerly of the Vancouver, BC Aquarium, speak this past Tuesday. Her topic was Freshwater Stingrays. There is no such thing as a ''Teacup Ray'', she admonishes. They need VERY large tanks. Good luck with them if you get them.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 13, 2015, 01:41:20 PM
We just had Jennifer Reynolds, formerly of the Vancouver, BC Aquarium, speak this past Tuesday. Her topic was Freshwater Stingrays. There is no such thing as a ''Teacup Ray'', she admonishes. They need VERY large tanks. Good luck with them if you get them.

Yeppers, big, big tanks......and alone by themselves, I'm told...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

No there is no tea cups they are Reticulated rays. Male and a female will do fine with each other. I stil have my 540gal tank in the basement I am all most done with setting it up. Will get them Monday. I have reseach rays for years. I am not able to move at this time so I am going to do something I have wonted to do for years. I have had reticulated ray in my younger days and did well with them. So it is time to try the big boys.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Ron Sower

Quote from: JR on February 13, 2015, 02:20:21 PM
No there is no tea cups they are Reticulated rays. Male and a female will do fine with each other. I stil have my 540gal tank in the basement I am all most done with setting it up. Will get them Monday. I have reseach rays for years. I am not able to move at this time so I am going to do something I have wonted to do for years. I have had reticulated ray in my younger days and did well with them. So it is time to try the big boys.
That's definitely the way to do it, man!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Dang !!!...now that's a big tank...yep, that'll work for ya.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Ah, Mike Beals...The man has a good heart and settled for nothing but best when it came to Discus.  http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?117324-Where-s-Mike&p=1140525#post1140525

This thread will tell you alot about why he quit Discus in favor of Rays.  I hope he looses his job :-[  I miss him.
Always move forward. Never look back.