• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 01:53:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,335
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 357
Total: 357

Coffee on Tues. Morn'n

Started by Mugwump, February 10, 2015, 06:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..it's chilly outside.....but the coffee's hot, and I slept like a brick....zonked out....I'm doing water changes today, and tinkering in the fish room.....I really need to toss or sell off all the extras, etc, that are piling up down there...old filters/lights/air pumps/rock/slate/hoods/etc....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

We're about to get a bit chilly here. Went to the Society meeting last night. Got home about 11 and had to rush and get water going for the new fish. Spent the most ever at the auction $53.00. Yikes. I never go over $20.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on February 10, 2015, 08:42:30 AM
We're about to get a bit chilly here. Went to the Society meeting last night. Got home about 11 and had to rush and get water going for the new fish. Spent the most ever at the auction $53.00. Yikes. I never go over $20.

What did you bring home???....anything interesting?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

It was 2 below when I took Fritz to the vet to be boarded for the week.  In a few hours I'll be on a plane to Florida to meet up with Doug. They're experiencing a "cold spell"....but to this Michigander it'll feel tropical.   ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 10, 2015, 09:12:00 AM
It was 2 below when I took Fritz to the vet to be boarded for the week.  In a few hours I'll be on a plane to Florida to meet up with Doug. They're experiencing a "cold spell"....but to this Michigander it'll feel tropical.   ;D ;D ;D

Have a fun time Pauline.  ;D.....send over some pics of the sun for us...LOL...so we can remember what it looks like......pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 10, 2015, 09:35:11 AM

Have a fun time Pauline.  ;D.....send over some pics of the sun for us...LOL...so we can remember what it looks like......pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.... ;D

Have a great time Pauline. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 10, 2015, 10:11:37 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 10, 2015, 09:35:11 AM

Have a great time Pauline. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Enjoy!!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Our society meeting is tonight. Don't you just love getting new stuff?!  Our meetings are usually done around 10-10:30 and with a 45 minute drive home, many times I'm up til 1 AM after I get home, acclimating the fish to the water! I leave the plants I get in their bags until the next day.
So what species did you get, GraphicGr8s?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on February 10, 2015, 09:05:44 AM

What did you bring home???....anything interesting?

Some Black Angels, guppies, more guppies, corys, a sword plant, more guppies. Floridia Flag fish, white skirt tetras, some other angel babies, and I can't remember the last darn bag.

Plus I gave a bag of guppies to one of the kids there.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 10, 2015, 11:25:39 AM
Our society meeting is tonight. Don't you just love getting new stuff?!  Our meetings are usually done around 10-10:30 and with a 45 minute drive home, many times I'm up til 1 AM after I get home, acclimating the fish to the water! I leave the plants I get in their bags until the next day.

See my response to Jon.
I don't spend all the time to acclimate properly since I have to be up at 6. I bring fish home. Put well water in tanks. Put in fish. Haven't had any problems so far doing that.
Many of the fish are in 5 gallon buckets, and overflow boxes that I put into established tanks.
I was talking to one of the other members there and he said many times he does the same exact thing. Right into well water. I figure the fish I get are pretty hardy.

George
Now watch tonight I go home to problems.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on February 10, 2015, 12:00:35 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on February 10, 2015, 11:25:39 AM

See my response to Jon.
I don't spend all the time to acclimate properly since I have to be up at 6. I bring fish home. Put well water in tanks. Put in fish. Haven't had any problems so far doing that.
Many of the fish are in 5 gallon buckets, and overflow boxes that I put into established tanks.
I was talking to one of the other members there and he said many times he does the same exact thing. Right into well water. I figure the fish I get are pretty hardy.

George
Now watch tonight I go home to problems.

Well I see you got some guppies, and some more guppies, and a few guppies....cool, I like to have guppies around too... ;D  What type of cory's did you get??....I've been looking at the black ones...prices are still high tho...another couple swaps coming up on March, I'll look around for some then...
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Jon, they are the Albinos. Put them in the 75.