• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 09:12:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 350
Total: 350

The Home Show....

Started by Ron Sower, February 08, 2015, 12:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...went well. After preening the plants and tanks for the last couple weeks, I must say they looked good! I had the lighting set up for viewing of, not growing of, the plants and when the Gang of Six arrived they were pleased. They visit each entrant for an hour before moving on to the next one. I was explaing to them about what I do, how and why on my 55g. Then the videographer and photographer gravitated to Miss Lucy's 12g tank and they started asking her questions and she began chatting about her tank. It was really fun hearing her....because she basically tells me how she wants it to look and I help arrange the rock structure and plants.  Her tank is a minimalist plant tank and mine is totally the opposite. The funny think is....she told me earlier in the day that I would have to do the talking about her tank...!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You know how some people influence some of the things you do? Two of the people whose tanks I have admired and have worked on emulating somewhat in my own style, were in the Gang of Six. I know that the only real reason I keep and style the tanks the way I do is to please myself. However, when they came into the room and saw my 55g, I could tell by their comments that they really liked it, and that meant a lot to me because I respect them and their styles.

It was a fun event, And I got some good ideas to try, and I'm really looking forward to the March meeting when the video presentation of all the 12 entrants is the program for the club! I think Miss Lucy will be going with me to the meeting this time!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

That's fantastic Ron.  It's wonderful to have a partner that shares your interests and supports you in the rest.   ;D ;D ;D

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 08, 2015, 12:36:27 PM
That's fantastic Ron.  It's wonderful to have a partner that shares your interests and supports you in the rest.   ;D ;D ;D

Dennis
Yup!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

That must make for a great day with all those friends/fish folk visiting.....sweeeeet....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson