• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 12:44:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 623
Total: 623

Hot Water

Started by PaulineMi, February 28, 2015, 01:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Just stuck a FDBW cube on the glass in the adult Dantum tank.  The water felt way too warm. When I checked it the temp was 94.5.  I'm sure glad this didn't happen when I was in Florida for a week. I lost a tank full of Crystal Red Shrimp when a faulty thermometer shot up to 99 degrees a few years back.

Guess it's time to buy a few back up thermometers....again.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Ouch....I hate when that happens....good luck
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I hope it was the Discus tank.  I stuck my hand into a tank with Discus fry once and it felt hot.  The temp was 95.  I unplugged the heater and did a very small WC.  Everyone lived.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 28, 2015, 01:53:11 PM
Just stuck a FDBW cube on the glass in the adult Dantum tank.  The water felt way too warm. When I checked it the temp was 94.5.  I'm sure glad this didn't happen when I was in Florida for a week. I lost a tank full of Crystal Red Shrimp when a faulty thermometer shot up to 99 degrees a few years back.

Guess it's time to buy a few back up thermometers....again.

Glad you caught them in time. ;D I once lost a 75g full of Mbuna due to a stuck heater. Funny thing is that I had a small school of Devario aequipinnatus  ;) in that tank with them (the danios were there first) and they all lived  :o.  I think a couple of them had a little brain damage. ???
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Good thing you caught it. I lost a tank full of Bn fry once. Sad thing is the heater was only a few weeks old. And it was a expensive digital heater. I was able to return the heater, not much consolation when you lose a tank full of fry.
Scott