• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 01:44:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 750
Total: 750

Back to normal Tuesday

Started by LizStreithorst, December 14, 2021, 09:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It will be in the 70's for the next couple of days.  I love it, especially after the dreadful cold snap we had when I was sick and miserable anyway.

All day Sunday I ate nothing and was in bed with chills and sweats.  That's when I decided to have a Covid test Monday.  I had also run out of Gababentin Friday afternoon.  I was so certain that I would find another bottle of the stuff hiding in a cabinet behind something and wanted to much to get more work done in the fish room Saturday that when I didn't it was too late to call the doctor for a refill.  I'd done without Tramadol before and knew that I could get by with out the Gababenitn until Monday.

Saturday after cloroxing all those tanks and doing my animal chores I hit the sack.  It was during the night that I started to have the shivering sweats.  Sunday I could do nothing.  I didn't eat a crumb all day Sunday.  I was able to drink just 3/4 of a beer.  Now that's sick!

Monday I forced myself to eat half an English muffin and get some necessary dog, chicken and human laundry done.  I must say I did get a mountain of laundry done.  The bedroom no longer smelled like a dog thank God.  I called the Doctor for a refill on my meds but it wouldn't be called in till lunch time.  I made an appt. for a Covid test.  It was for 1:30.  Tink was out of Lasix so I drove into Hattiesburg to the vet.  I had them bring Tink's meds to the car in case I did have Covid.

The clinic tested me for Covid and flu as well as check all my vitals.  The tests were negative.  When the nurse practitioner  came in I told her about breathing all those heavy clorox fumes but we both thought that if it were that I should be over it.  Then I mentioned being off Gabapentin for 3 days and she had the answer.  I was having withdrawal symptoms!  It had never occurred to me because Gabapentin isn't a drug that gets you high, but that's exactly what it was.  I'm a drug addict and never knew.  Imagine that!

I drove from the clinic straight into Ellisville to the drug store and immediately took 3 Gabapentin.  After I posted here yesterday I took 3 more and hit the sack.  I got up in the wee hours and took 3 more  (I'm supposed to take 9 a day.)  I felt myself getting better.  This morning I feel like I'm supposed to feel.

Heck, I thought I was in misery with my back.  Now I know how really good I feel regardless of the back pain.

So that's what's been up with me for the last couple of days.  I'm still stunned by the fact that I'm drug addicted.  But as long as I feel normal again I don't give a shit.  I hope that all of you feel as good as I do today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 14, 2021, 09:28:47 AM
It will be in the 70's for the next couple of days.  I love it, especially after the dreadful cold snap we had when I was sick and miserable anyway.

All day Sunday I ate nothing and was in bed with chills and sweats.  That's when I decided to have a Covid test Monday.  I had also run out of Gababentin Friday afternoon.  I was so certain that I would find another bottle of the stuff hiding in a cabinet behind something and wanted to much to get more work done in the fish room Saturday that when I didn't it was too late to call the doctor for a refill.  I'd done without Tramadol before and knew that I could get by with out the Gababenitn until Monday.

Saturday after cloroxing all those tanks and doing my animal chores I hit the sack.  It was during the night that I started to have the shivering sweats.  Sunday I could do nothing.  I didn't eat a crumb all day Sunday.  I was able to drink just 3/4 of a beer.  Now that's sick!

Monday I forced myself to eat half an English muffin and get some necessary dog, chicken and human laundry done.  I must say I did get a mountain of laundry done.  The bedroom no longer smelled like a dog thank God.  I called the Doctor for a refill on my meds but it wouldn't be called in till lunch time.  I made an appt. for a Covid test.  It was for 1:30.  Tink was out of Lasix so I drove into Hattiesburg to the vet.  I had them bring Tink's meds to the car in case I did have Covid.

The clinic tested me for Covid and flu as well as check all my vitals.  The tests were negative.  When the nurse practitioner  came in I told her about breathing all those heavy clorox fumes but we both thought that if it were that I should be over it.  Then I mentioned being off Gabapentin for 3 days and she had the answer.  I was having withdrawal symptoms!  It had never occurred to me because Gabapentin isn't a drug that gets you high, but that's exactly what it was.  I'm a drug addict and never knew.  Imagine that!

I drove from the clinic straight into Ellisville to the drug store and immediately took 3 Gabapentin.  After I posted here yesterday I took 3 more and hit the sack.  I got up in the wee hours and took 3 more  (I'm supposed to take 9 a day.)  I felt myself getting better.  This morning I feel like I'm supposed to feel.

Heck, I thought I was in misery with my back.  Now I know how really good I feel regardless of the back pain.

So that's what's been up with me for the last couple of days.  I'm still stunned by the fact that I'm drug addicted.  But as long as I feel normal again I don't give a shit.  I hope that all of you feel as good as I do today.
...that's why I don't take my pain meds every day as prescribed...I don't want to become addicted...on the other hand, why not if it improves the quality of life?....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Glad you got your meds, Liz...pain sucks!...

Hello everyone!

It's 61 now and looks like it's going to stay cloudy today and reach 67 in the afternoon...

eBay guy came over yesterday afternoon and did the ladder work screwing in the hooks into the fascia and we hung the rest of the lights I had...rest should arrive today from Amazon...tomorrow is going to be sunny, so I'll probably hang them then...

Well, I didn't get the WC on the 75 done yesterday...😩 Maybe today's the day!!!

I ordered some Daisy's Rice Fish and they may arrive today...they will look cool in with the Javanese Rice Fish I have in the 125 formerly known as the Congo tank...what should I call that tank now?..."The Rice Paddy"...😂😂😂 ...or I Could call it the Cory Tank since I have about 5 or 6 different species or Cories in it...😁. The bottom comes alive with their little butts scurrying all over when I feed them...! They're so cute!...

I guess I should get on with my day now... y'all have a good one!🎄🎄🎄🎄

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, I did the same for the brief time I was on Percocet.  I did fine with half a dose.  But the thing with Gabapentin it is not considered to be an addictive drug because you could take a whole bottle of the stuff it you would not get high.  This is more like my addiction to dog grooming.  It makes me miserable not to be able to do it but it doesn't make me sick except sick at heart.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Liz, Ron, Barb and everyone. I've been busy running around today. I had to drive down to DC and now I am back. I'm catching up on my fishroom feedings and then I have to sort through some stuff I have in the fridge. I went food shopping and forgot to put the meat in the freezer. I have to prep it before I do.

Liz I am glad that you got your meds. I hope my doctor refills my meds tomorrow after my visit..

I got only 4.5 hours of sleep last night so I will be hitting the sack early tonight.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.