• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 10:05:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 536
Total: 536

coyotes

Started by Ron Sower, November 14, 2016, 10:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Last night I went to the spa tub about 10pm...no one else was there so it was really quiet and all the lights were out...the only man made noise was the whir from the pool pump...as I sat there, submerged to my chin in the warm soothing water (no air), eyes closed, pretending I'm a blade of kelp slightly swaying with the light current,  I listened to a pack of coyotes not too far in the distance. It was a nice experience....peaceful...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 14, 2016, 10:21:32 AM
Last night I went to the spa tub about 10pm...no one else was there so it was really quiet and all the lights were out...the only man made noise was the whir from the pool pump...as I sat there, submerged to my chin in the warm soothing water (no air), eyes closed, pretending I'm a blade of kelp slightly swaying with the light current,  I listened to a pack of coyotes not too far in the distance. It was a nice experience....peaceful...

...those little moments when you're at peace with the world can be preciously few sometimes....good for you....you found one  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 14, 2016, 11:46:11 AM

...those little moments when you're at peace with the world can be preciously few sometimes....good for you....you found one  |^|

I'm making the effort to make those moments...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 14, 2016, 03:29:05 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 14, 2016, 11:46:11 AM

I'm making the effort to make those moments...

+1.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

When I lived in Illinois those Coyote's would come right up to the house. I lived in the more rural part of Elgin.

With Kobe being a small dog (he is too crazy to be afraid of them) I would walk with a big stick in the late autumn and Winter. That's when they would come closer to the homes looking for food.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wallace

The coyotes come around the house here most nights. Two of them sounds like half a dozen and if three get going you'd think there are 10 of them. I like hearing them but wife worries about her birds... but no need to worry now since we have the new 'puppy'. The sound of his bark alone should be enough of a deterrent.

Around here every time a rancher sees a coyote he shoots it immediately, unless there is no rifle handy. The cattle ranchers have convinced themselves that the coyotes are taking calves, but its mostly just an excuse.
Dan