• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 01:23:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 620
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 615
Total: 616

Thursday coffee

Started by Mugwump, August 17, 2017, 06:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is wonderful.......rained most the night, and still gloomy this morn'n........

..a few errands this morning, then a bit of fish room putz'n.....need to move some fry to bigger quarters... |^|...

The college kids are starting to move back to the area now.....I think that 'move in' days are this weekend.....
and 'Corn Fest' is next weekend.....Dekalb will be jumping again here soon..... wfwf

...more coffee now...... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

,,,morn'n is dragging on....... huh.....we're off for a milk run......and whatever... huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

No dogs today so I went the hardware store for the trim pieces I need plus a gallon of lighter green paint.  I put the first coat of primer on the trim.  After I cool off a bit (it feels like 100 out there with the heat index)  I'll put the plastic wood in the cracks of the piece I had to patch.  After that I'll be done outside, thank God.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 17, 2017, 01:13:29 PM
No dogs today so I went the hardware store for the trim pieces I need plus a gallon of lighter green paint.  I put the first coat of primer on the trim.  After I cool off a bit (it feels like 100 out there with the heat index)  I'll put the plastic wood in the cracks of the piece I had to patch.  After that I'll be done outside, thank God.

..finished the milk run...not as hot here....but it's really humid.....showers threatening to blow in from the NW.....and the wind is howl'n big time.... wfwf
Jon

LizStreithorst

I got all 42 of my sponges squeezed.  I that that job.  I did it differently this time.  I added tap water to a 55 gallon drum, added declor, removed sponges from the tanks, put them in a bucket, and then move them to the drum.  The water was so filthy in the drum that I changed it 3 times!  Now that I've figured out the easy way I hope I don't wait so long between squeezings.

I still need to eat and change water but I have to sit and keep an eagle eye on an auction I'm bidding on.  The fish I want have already been bid up to what I expected to pay but I really really want these fish in a big way.

LizStreithorst

I won!!!! I won!!!!!  I had to pay more than I wanted to but I really really wanted this half black pair.  http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwangelfish&1503006200

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 17, 2017, 04:46:36 PM
I won!!!! I won!!!!!  I had to pay more than I wanted to but I really really wanted this half black pair.  http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwangelfish&1503006200

....Congrat's........... |^|
Jon

wallace

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 17, 2017, 04:46:36 PM

Cool. Do you have to wrangle with the guy over shipping?
Dan

LizStreithorst

he doesn't arrive delivery but he said that the guy how does his shipping for him knows has been shipping for years.  I opted for express because the fish are so valuable to me.

Y'all will have to console me big time if the fish arrive dead.