• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 05:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 627
Total: 627

Monday's cup....

Started by Mugwump, August 14, 2017, 06:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on August 14, 2017, 03:59:55 PM
Quote from: wallace on August 14, 2017, 12:28:50 PM
Good Morning. Today I'm going to look at some maps and plan our trip north next week to the eclipse. A place on BLM land in central Oregon should work, we can drive up the afternoon before and camp out. I heard that if you can find a mountaintop with a view of a big valley, you can see the Moon's shadow racing across the valley floor at 1000 MPH.

I wouldn't doubt that there are probably 50,000 other people with the same idea.  Camping spots might be a little crowded.

....yup....we'll just sit out on the deck and watch....... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...didn't get the TV up yet...been working on transferring deposits & payments from one bank to our new one...

...time to go mail some plants to a new friend...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 14, 2017, 06:07:26 PM
...didn't get the TV up yet...been working on transferring deposits & payments from one bank to our new one...

....transfer some this way......LOLOL  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 14, 2017, 06:15:51 PM

I probably should...I have too much money anyway! 8)....NOT! :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 14, 2017, 06:20:16 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 14, 2017, 06:15:51 PM

I probably should...I have too much money anyway! 8)....NOT! :P

DAYAM !!!!......too much....LOLOL.....
Jon

wallace

Quote from: waterboy on August 14, 2017, 03:59:55 PM
Quote from: wallace on August 14, 2017, 12:28:50 PM
Good Morning. Today I'm going to look at some maps and plan our trip north next week to the eclipse. A place on BLM land in central Oregon should work, we can drive up the afternoon before and camp out. I heard that if you can find a mountaintop with a view of a big valley, you can see the Moon's shadow racing across the valley floor at 1000 MPH.

I wouldn't doubt that there are probably 50,000 other people with the same idea.  Camping spots might be a little crowded.

Out in the west the federal government owns a huge amount of land, shown in purple on this map. All you have to do is find a dirt road out in the middle of empty nowhere and you can camp there.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Take pics.  If you don't have a decent camera, buy one.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

I will take the telescope but most likely won't use it but it has a big solar filter you can hold in front of your face or in front of the camera. I have a Nikon camera. I used to do a lot of astrophotography and hook cameras to the telescope but why bother with all that when good pictures are easy to find now.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on August 14, 2017, 08:00:53 PM
I will take the telescope but most likely won't use it but it has a big solar filter you can hold in front of your face or in front of the camera. I have a Nikon camera. I used to do a lot of astrophotography and hook cameras to the telescope but why bother with all that when good pictures are easy to find now.

...to see if you can do it better?....
Jon

wallace

Quote from: Mugwump on August 15, 2017, 05:15:59 AM

I found that I was more interested in the equipment than I was in the pictures, and it gets very expensive. Check out this beauty, its about $50k worth of stuff.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on August 15, 2017, 08:47:39 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 15, 2017, 05:15:59 AM

I found that I was more interested in the equipment than I was in the pictures, and it gets very expensive. Check out this beauty, its about $50k worth of stuff.

....50K !!!!!!....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Pat Husband would drop dead if she saw that.

wallace

This is the only technology that I can get excited about. Here is another nice one. Some of these are set up for cold cameras where you use dry ice on the CCD camera to get quicker accumulation of faint light. The most important part is the mount, and that's where most of the cost is.
Dan

LizStreithorst

That's so far over my head that I could never grasp it.