• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:33:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 522
Total: 523

Danio choprae

Started by BillT, January 18, 2013, 10:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

Here is a picture of some of my Danio choprae. Among Danios these are closely related to Danio margaritatus (which Dennis wrote so nicely about) and Danio erythromicron. I consider these fish very easy to breed. They loosely school and are not timid. The slender one in the middle is a male.

These fish are grandparents now and I am looking for a new home for them because I need a tank for other fish.

PaulineMi

They found a new home.   ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

That's great !.....you'll like them, I'm sure.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Very pretty little fish.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

PaulineMi

I just LOVE little fish.  I miss having a bunch of them around. I went out to You Tube and watched a few videos of these lively little fish chasing each other around the tank. So cute.

Now it's waiting for this nasty bitter cold weather to break.  I was VERY lucky it was mild this week and we were able to get the discus here.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

b125killer

Scott

Ron Sower

Pauline,  Do you still have these?  How are they doing for you?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Yes they're still alive and well.....very pretty fish. They're one of the liveliest species of fish I've ever owned. They're in a heavily planted 55 with Pentazona barbs, rummyose tetras, the chain and sumo loahes plus angelfish.  They eat everything with gusto so I have to make sure the other fish get their fair share.

Being in a community tank I don't expect to see any fry.