• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 03:39:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 769
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 711
Total: 711

Danio choprae & Celestial Pearl Danios

Started by PaulineMi, June 11, 2013, 10:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Yesterday Dennis and Bill put Celestial Pearl Danios and D. choprae in the mail for me. Now for the fun of watching the tracking numbers to see where they are in their travels to my house. They should arrive tomorrow.

Bill posted a picture of the D. choprae in a January thread at which time I asked for them. They're colorful, active little fish. Dennis and I have been planning to get the CPDs to me for about a year now.

Two QT tanks are up and running,  ready for the new arrivals.   ;D. Thanks Dennis and Bill.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Pauline,
I've had choprae, and have cpds's now.  Love them!   FYI ...  If you haven't thought about it, be sure to cover your tanks for both species!
Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Wonderful, Pauline...and yep....get those covers ready...they can be leapers.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Looks like they are right on schedule Pauline!

Dennis

PaulineMi

I've had CPDs before and Dennis warned me that the choprae are jumpers.  At any rate, I have covers on their tanks...as a matter of fact I keep all of my tanks covered.  Thanks for the advice though, "just in case". :)

The choprae tracking isn't updated yet, however the CPDs are about 100 miles away from me now, in a Detroit suburb.   ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

PaulineMi

Three a.m. and the choprae travels are finally updated.  They were in Detroit so they and the CPDs should be here in St. Johns later this morning.   ;D ;D ;D

PaulineMi

The post office just called....both boxes of fish have arrived.  :)

Mugwump

Yowser.....They'll acclimate pretty quickly.....Pics?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Oh you know I'll have pictures to post.   ;D

The CPDs are SO tiny.  I just love them.  The D. choprae are wild and crazy, very colorful fish.  They'll be the life of the tank when everyone is in the big tank after QT. 

Dennis, Bill, the fish and I were all lucky that the boxes from Oregon and Ohio arrived at my post office at the same time.  No delays or travels to wrong states. All stress free. The post office called me at 7 a.m. to say the fish were ready for pick up.

I have to go have some coffee now.  Then the camera will come out.

Thanks Dennis and Bill.

Mugwump

Super!!!...wait til the CPD's get going...LOL...lively, beautiful little fish....and colors...yep, get em in the light so they can really flash them..... ;D...pictures, Yeah......sweet
Jon

b125killer

That's awesome Pauline. Can't wait to see pics
Scott

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on June 12, 2013, 07:56:53 AM
Super!!!...wait til the CPD's get going...LOL...lively, beautiful little fish....and colors...yep, get em in the light so they can really flash them..... ;D...pictures, Yeah......sweet

I totally agree.  I've had them before and really enjoyed them.  Sounds like you've had them also Jon.

I like tiny fish. I have rummynose tetras, Pentazona barbs, chain and sumo loaches...all around an inch in length in a heavily planted 55. These new guys will round out the collection. However those CPDs may just convince me to break my "no breeding" stance. Hmmmm....

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Here are the CPDs as of today.  They've colored up nicely but danios are so darn difficult to photograph!  They live with my red cherry shrimp and have fat little bellies from all the little shrimplets they snack on.  It's neat to watch them hunt the shrimplets down in the java moss.

See ya.....

Mugwump

Jon