• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 05:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 339
Total: 340

Saturday....

Started by Mugwump, September 08, 2018, 07:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....so what's up?

..losing another 2mins 45secs of daylight.......fall's a come'n.... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 08, 2018, 07:41:47 AM
....so what's up?

..losing another 2mins 45secs of daylight.......fall's a come'n.... :)

Just made my way down to the basement. With the cool weather I may summon the energy needed to move some more stuff from the garage to the basement.

The process stalled when I hurt my elbow while moving from my old place to this one. I've been able to find an excuse not to do it every time I had an opportunity.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..thought we might see the sun for a spell.....but no cigar....it's been very windy...

...got a brief nap in, but it didn't help much......I flipped our mattress and sheets changed...that'll help knock my butt out tonight  huh...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

It is 5:54 pm and I've already shut the fish room down for the night. lol Trying to cut these electric bill down. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...my electric bill keeps rising with the AC on so much through the summer....

...I patched and primed the walls across the street yesterday and collapsed last night...I was asleep at 10:30 and slept til 8:30...felt better this morning...

...bagged my plants for auction tonight then went over and caulked the multitude of seams and joints in the bedroom...tomorrow...finish the wall painting...1 or 2 coats, whichever it needs....

...tonight fun at ARK meeting...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 08, 2018, 05:25:19 PM
...my electric bill keeps rising with the AC on so much through the summer....

...I patched and primed the walls across the street yesterday and collapsed last night...I was asleep at 10:30 and slept til 8:30...felt better this morning...

...bagged my plants for auction tonight then went over and caulked the multitude of seams and joints in the bedroom...tomorrow...finish the wall painting...1 or 2 coats, whichever it needs....

...tonight fun at ARK meeting...

.....have a great time  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm thinking about heaters too, Mug.  I like the Won's but the ones I put in the big water storage containers often end up blown to smithereens because they will do that when the air touches them.   I also have a bunch of undependable ones that I need to replace.  I've heard that the plastic Aquon is highly recommended.  It's hard to see the temperature setting on them.  Is there a better recommendation for inside my water storage containers that I sometimes let run fry" 

Thank God the Won's are my favorite. I have never had one go bad on me. and they are cheap as dirt. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I have some Won's, too, that I got from Jehmco....good heaters..you just have to remember to unplug them if doing big water changes...yup, they don't like exposure to air...

..you might have success just turning off that power strip when refilling tanks...then flipping them back on after refilling your holding bin(s).... huh....
Jon