• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 05:30:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 737
Total: 737

Sad.....reg season baseball ends

Started by Mugwump, September 29, 2013, 07:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Alas, the Cubs didn't win many again this year, but I enjoy baseball anyway. Now another baseball season ends. It's good to see the Pirates have a successful year, tho...it's been awhile for them too. You'll forgive me but, I just can't get into American League teams. I'll check the White Sox stats,etc..but really only because my Dad liked the 'Sox'...it brings back memories of good natured bickering and arguing about them with him ;D
  I think that I'll pull for the Pirates in post season play.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Hell, baseball is over for you Cub fans before the season begins.
It is in full swing for us card fans.
Root for the Pirates, shame on you!!!

ilroost

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on October 02, 2013, 07:09:46 PM
tomorrow it is.
Cards vs. Pirates

And yes it is.....a slight diversion until spring training  ;D.....I admire what the Pirates have done this season.....St Louis will have their hands full with that pitching staff coming in....good series..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on October 03, 2013, 08:03:35 PM
One down and 10 to go

Why in the hell did they start Burnett??.....cripes....Wainwright looked sharp tonight.
Jon

ilroost

Im a little worried about Lynn tomorrow.
Why would they have a game at 12 on a weekday?

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on October 03, 2013, 08:12:05 PM
Im a little worried about Lynn tomorrow.
Why would they have a game at 12 on a weekday?

TV schedule.....college football....gotta cram that advertising dollar in.....LOL..plus the 'President's Cup' golf matches.....lotsa competition for those prime time ads
Jon

ilroost

UGH!!! Oh well like the cub fans say, Next year

Mugwump

I thought they were out gunned, but their pitching would keep em in the series...nada..
'Big Papi' , alone, hit about 600 for the series...wow
Jon