• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 12:00:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 574
Total: 574

Poor Pete Caroll...

Started by Mugwump, February 04, 2015, 07:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...even if he's right...they'll blame the lose on him anyway....sad...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

sschind

I think sometimes the really good coaches out think themselves.  His rationale may have been sound but he was so concerned about getting the most possible plays in that he completely forgot if he simply handed the ball to Lynch there is a very good chance he wouldn't need more than two plays.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on February 14, 2015, 01:57:03 AM
I think sometimes the really good coaches out think themselves.  His rationale may have been sound but he was so concerned about getting the most possible plays in that he completely forgot if he simply handed the ball to Lynch there is a very good chance he wouldn't need more than two plays.

but if Lynch fails.....valuable time is then lost........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Alternatively, I thought I read that Russel was pretty successful at QB sneaks from that range.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on February 14, 2015, 02:32:01 PM
Alternatively, I thought I read that Russel was pretty successful at QB sneaks from that range.

....another clock waster......but true, if he gets the TD....I'd take him over Lynch on the short yardage play.....Lynch takes too long to get going....
Jon

BallAquatics

From the replay I saw, the DB wanted it more than the receiver.  Great defensive play!!!

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 14, 2015, 07:10:23 PM
From the replay I saw, the DB wanted it more than the receiver.  Great defensive play!!!

Dennis

Bingo......from hero to chump in a split sec....
Jon

sschind

Quote from: Mugwump on February 14, 2015, 05:25:29 AM
Quote from: sschind on February 14, 2015, 01:57:03 AM

but if Lynch fails.....valuable time is then lost........

For sure, I understand what he did.  Like he said he wanted to make sure he had time to get 3 more plays in if he needed them and he wanted to give himself the most options possible on each of those plays.  Its one of those times when what you should do is not what you probably should do if you know what I mean. 

Carroll is a good game manager coach and he played this one with his head instead of his heart.  Most fans watch with their heart so to them it was a bad call.

It was the same with McCarthy and his play calling at the end of the NFCC game.  Most fans are screaming for them to throw the ball while game manager 101 dictates you run the ball to run out the clock.  Fans hate it but "football people" understand it better.  Same with Carroll.

Its funny because for whatever reason the day I read your post my computer was really slow and I actually replied before I saw the picture and t 1/5 stat from the 1 yard line.  I'm sure Pete was aware of that but I'm sure most fans weren't.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB