• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 10:04:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 525
Total: 525

John Fox..??

Started by Mugwump, January 15, 2015, 06:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...to da Bears??.....this could get interesting for sure..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

one of the Denver beat writers said something along the lines of you may not be getting the best game day coach but from Monday through Saturday has is as good as they come. 

With how the Bears looked prepared for games this season that would definitely be an improvement.  Players like him and he has built winners so it could get interesting indeed.

Big thing now is what to do with Cutler and Marshall.  If its me I say ditch Marshall, draft a QB that may develop (maybe not first round) and roll with Cutler for 1 more year to see if he wakes up. 

The problem is that with Cutler the fans all hate him so unless he is perfect they will crucify him and I don't know if he can handle that mentally.  He needs to be on a team where he is not expected to be the savior, preferably one with a great defense to take the focus off him and lets be honest, the Bears don't have one of those. 

I like Marshall's talent but he is on the downside of an expensive career and he is a head case.  The problem with moving on from him is it instantly puts a hit on your receiving corps.  Jeffery will remain a top level talent but after him they have no one and I don't think they can afford to spend a top pick (1st or 2nd round) on a WR with the help they need on defense.  Much like the Packers of  the last few years however I can say that they will get some guys back from injury. 

If Bridgewater keeps improving though I think the Bears might be NFC North basement dwellers for a few more years to come.  That sucks because I really hate the vikings and I like the Bears better than I do the Lions.  I enjoyed it when the Bears were the main opposition for the Packers.  It made day to day survival much more interesting .
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB